Rehab---Day 1---a Bust

Old 08-21-2008, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rehab---Day 1---a Bust

Well as you know my AD was to start rehab yesterday. Within 1 1/2 hrs, she's signing herself out. Seems that one of her meds is not acceptable. And instead of doing without, or getting something in place of it, she just refuses to stay. Her husband picked her up. They called her doctor & she was supposed to get a replacement med, but had to see doctor in person, which couldn't happen till Monday.

So, what's she do????You guested it....she goes out & uses last night. No I'm not positive...but the signs were there.

This morning she goes back to rehab, without the panic attack med. My guess, she just wanted to use one more time.

I'm praying that her HP will guide her. I'm so thankful to my HP, SR and my Naranon program.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for you and your daughter and her family. When my daughter called and said she was ready for rehab, she left her abf and came to our house to make the calls. She brought enough drugs with her so that she would not go into withdrawals. The rehab wanted her to come on a Monday, she wanted to wait until Tuesday. I stayed out of it and she went on the Tuesday high. But she will have 90 days clean on Sunday. She did it her way. Your daughter probably did want that one last fling, pretty common with addicts. Hopefully this time she will stay. Hugs, Marle
Old 08-21-2008, 09:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Serenity, prayers for you and your daughter...that she will find her way forward and you will be given continued strength to hold your wonderful recovery as she finds hers...., grateful
Old 08-21-2008, 09:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Prayers she will go on Monday. It's hard to be a mom most the time!!
susan
Old 08-21-2008, 10:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Prayers for you and your daughter. I agree, it isn't easy being a mom. (((HUGS)))) to you.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have also heard that "one last time" is common, even for those that successfully complete treatment. I do hope and pray that your daughter is restored! It is such a hard roller coaster to be on.

Prayers for your peace of mind and her well being...
Old 08-21-2008, 11:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. So far so good, I dropped her off at 10 & it's now 2:30 and she's still there.

Because of SR & my program, I was able to reach out to you & friends for prayers. Otherwise, I usually isolate.

We'll see what happens next, I will keep praying that her HP will continue to guide her.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for you and your daughter