Wish me luck... going to court today

Old 05-19-2008, 04:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Wish me luck... going to court today

Today we are going to court for his disorderly conduct charge. This should be pretty easy. Tomorrow we go to court for his 4th DUI- both are not related! I am so nervous. He still takes no responsibility for his actions, he has not told his family anything and then last night he tells me that he wants to go to court alone! Then he said he would ask his mom to go- yeah right!

Anyway, I am scared! Wish me luck!!
Old 05-19-2008, 05:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Good luck to you and hugs. It's so sad that we have to be so scared and nervous for their actions.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck. I hope things work out the way you want them to but if they don't, there is a bigger reason and you have to trust that it happened as it happened for a reason.

Let us know....
Old 05-19-2008, 07:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wishing you luck!

:praying
Old 05-19-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wishing you so much serenity that you're glowing
Old 05-19-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wishing you luck. Remember, as far as the dui...You can not assume responsibility and take on his burden for him. If he won't accept it, it isn't yours to assume. There is a reason for all of this and you are powerless ove rthe outcome. Please take care of you and trust that all will work out as it should. It may not be as you think it should, but it will be as it should.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i am late on this. hope it turned out as it should.prayers
Old 05-19-2008, 04:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

4th DUI , No way I would accompany him to court.
While totally supportive of you, I hope the court gives him punishment to fit this crime.
I drive daily and he could easily hurt, disable or kill me or someone else. He needs to have severe consequence that will alter his behavior or at least keep him from using
his vehicle as a deadly weapon. 4th DUI ...just not cool.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

why do people get so many DWI's? I never understood this. Where I live it's like "pay money and get back in the car" Doesnt help the people who have a problem and doesn't protect the innocent people who are potential victims. I played the "drive my ABF to court" taxi. It didnt even matter. He did one weekend in jail and that was it. Taught him nothing at all. He was driving drunk a week later. You don't have to go with him anyway.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thanks everyone for you thoughts today. Court was not what I expected. He was simply arraigned. I learned that he faces 6 months in jail and a $1000 fine. The fine is not a big deal for us but the time, that is another thing. I'm not even sure what the charges were but something along the lines of disorderly conduct (mouthing off to a police officer).
Anyway, tomorrow he faces the DUI charges. Although he thinks he will only be arraigned and he still hads not secured a laywer! I am glad to say that tonight he spoke to his mom and told her the truth about all of these charges against him. He told her everything. She called me and I was finally able to speak with her about all of this. She is so great. She thinks that this is all for the best and that maybe this will get him the help he needs, to finally wake up. She also supports me in the choices I have made and then some. She told mBut she also knows that when he wants help is up to him and even if they put him away and into a rehab that it is still up to him. She that I can speak with her in confidentiality and that I can depend on her. She has really proven herself to me time and time again.
Between the charges from today and those he still faces he could be locked up for at least a year. And I agree with those of you who thinks he should be away because of his reckless behavior. He doesn't learn from his mistakes. He just keeps on blaming everyone else for them!
In regards to those who keep getting DUI's, my MIL shared with me that last weekend she went to visit my BIL in jail (He's in for 2 years- also an addict!) and there was a guy she met that was in for 20 years- she said he was in because of 7 DUI's!!!!! 20 years, my god!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

4th dwi here & you would serve up to life also. my son is on the run( jumped bail) because of driving without licsens, & eluding. he will serve 9-18 when he is found.we have the 3strikes you are out law where i live. he knew this & the lawyers told him & he choose to drive anyway. that i do not understand.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hello Take2

YIPES, 4 DUI's here where we live and you'd go to jail for a very long time.

I do believe 2 and above is jail time.

Just remember, whatever happens to him will be for the best. He needs to get this under control before he ends up hurting himself or, worse, someone else. Thank the Lord he was caught before this happened.

I certainly support you and know how worried you must be, but he is out of control and needs help desperately.

Good luck

Hugs, Devastated
Old 05-20-2008, 02:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I do not believe a 20+ year prison sentence is appropiate for a DUI. I don't care how many DUI's a person gets prison time is too harsh. I know in my area a person usually doesn't do jail time until their 3rd DUI.