Is this typical?

Old 05-12-2008, 03:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(((Katie)))

I would still push the credit card company since you have filed charges.

It's a little late now, but you can set up any of your cards with a password...that way no one can call and access the account or get a pin number without that password (something you and your husband only know). I have it on my accounts, because I got identity thefted. My friend also did it with her cell phone account because her roommate had gotten her social security number and was adding services to their acct.

I'm sorry he's putting you through such grief.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-13-2008, 09:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have never heard of a credit card company doing this! My ad did the same thing, and I filed police report. I'd call again and talk to someone else--give them the police report#
susan
Old 05-13-2008, 11:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

This card was a Canadian Tire Mastercard wich I will pay off and cancel. I did speak to another parent at naranon and they had the same problem. " Family issue" this cards fraud department says.What a load of crap. The way I feel he went in to our home, stole the card, comitted fraud the list goes on and on. The investigator was rude and nasty her exact words "were we must have know about it." I am so upset about this I am going to pursue it dont know how far I will get, the credit card company seems to have the last word. What really angers me is that we do not do cash withdrawals on credit cards and told them in no uncertain terms were they to give a pin number. There excuse is they thought it was my spouse. Don't you think they would have called my spouse just to confirm.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Katie - I would get a lawyer and see what legal rights you have. Even if you DON'T, I would keep bothering the credit card company, and just mention that "well, we'll see what my lawyer thinks about this". I've found out that a LOT more gets done when they are afraid of being sued.

The next time they say "we thought it was your husband", ask them what they used for verification. I would also remind them that they were previously notified to NOT give a PIN number, and they did anyway.

This is just wrong, and I think it's time THEY learn about consequences!!!

I checked my bank card after reading of your struggles. Not only do they not give me any information, unless I call from my cell phone, they ask a TON of questions to make sure it's me...my social security number, address, the last 3 numbers on the back of the card, and even when I made my last payment. Sounds like your card people need to learn a few lessons.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy