I was foolish

Old 04-30-2008, 05:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I was foolish

My AH came back couple weeks ago and I let him right back in. I should have called the cops and threw him out but didn't. I thought maybe since he wasn't smoking any more something I thought would never happen he could get better.

Nothings changed though and right now he's missing. Never came home cause I said he had drank. He was lying like crazy I mean outrageous lyes no one in there right mind would believe. He's also drinking and of course lying about that too.

I'm ok with it though all the books have helped me I have read Getting Them Sober: You Can Help! (Getting Them Sober) twice and am rereading it right now. It's crazy how true and accurate it is even though my AH is not an alcoholic.
Finally next week I have a counselor appointment and have decided to get a lawyer it's the only way for me to break this cycle. He has no where to go now his car broke so I know he will be back unless I file this won't stop and Ive finally had enough. I can see he is very very mentally sick and know all to well unless he gets help on his own things won't ever change

I know I can do it alone now just was hopeful that he was going to get better .
It's also hard to let go when I think theres a mental issues going on. I need to work that out in counseling .
As always thanks so much for letting me vent here:ghug
Old 04-30-2008, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We can't pick who we love or don't love. You're human. We all are.

:ghug3
Old 04-30-2008, 05:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

lost, getting them sober..............was probably the most helpful book I have read ( as far as addiction) so far. It helped me ALOT!!
chapter by chapter I thought.....yup tried that, didnt work.............

glad your still searching for things to help you understand and deal with loving an addict
by the way its not the easiest thing but I'm sure your far from foolish...........

when we try and fail, I believe its far better than never trying at all...............your doing your part the rest is up to him, take care of you. Protect yourself financially and emotionally!!!

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))