Oh hi there weird twist of fate....

Old 04-19-2008, 05:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Think of it this way.

this could be the beginning of your brothers recovery, if he doesn't fall he doesn't know how to pick himself up. You could very well be saving his life by not bailing him out or enabling him.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 05:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Originally Posted by sobera View Post
Do you see what I mean now about my family? My mom is in denial and my dad would much rather have my brother be secretly a drug addict than to have him known as someone who 'used' to be an addict. Rehab? More of an embarrassment than a step to recovery to him really. Nar-anon meetings? They'd have a fit if I even mention it to them. Heck, they'd probably lock me up somewhere if I mention anything about planning on checking it out.

I don't know you all personally, but I'm really glad that there are people out there who see my point. I'm thankful for all the support.
This is why they call it a family disease. It's not only the addict who is acting irrational. In fact, in my case, I probably was acting crazier than my AD.

And re jail....I pray I never bail out anyone in my family. I had to go to Al Anon and read on this board to learn that's called.......... ENABLING.

Hugs,
Hangin' In