I am hurting

Old 04-15-2008, 08:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am hurting

I am a new poster to this forum altho I have been reading it for year. I have two addict adult sons. This morning I woke up and discovered my youngest son dead from a heroin overdose. I am beside myself right now and the pain is really awful. I remember reading on this forum awhile back letters from people who had experienced the same thing. Can you please help me by maybe sharing your experiences, or giving me advice how to cope right now. I do have very supportive friends and a few local family members. but right now i just want to curl up in the fetal position and go to sleep and never wake up. Thank you in advance for your support and prayers. I do not know how to do the thank you posts yet, i am sorry.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

nenacarol............I am so very sorry that you are going thru this words can not express the pain you are going thru and there are no words I can offer right now that will take away your pain

how to get thru? Do the one thing you can do right now breathe in and breathe out and put one foot in front of the other..........know your not alone

Stay here as much as you can there are other moms here that can lend their support and experience

You and your family are in my prayers.....
Old 04-15-2008, 09:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

nenacarol, words can't express how sorry I am for your loss. This is the last post I am reading tonight, and I will be thinking about you....and praying for you and your family.

((((Rica))))

PS At the bottom of posts there are three blue 'buttons'. After you sign in, just click on the one that says 'thanks' and has a thumbs up on it...
Old 04-15-2008, 09:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

nenacarol, I am so very very sorry. Please accept my condolences and fond wishes for you and your family. I wish I could hug you tight right now. I don't have any similar experiences to share with you, but I can offer you a shoulder to cry on and any support you want or need.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't put what I feel into words. It really pains me to read about stuff like this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A Big Thank you

Thank you to those who have responded to my post. It helps a lot to know you are praying for me and my family and that you know what this is like. Thank you for your support.

I am sorry I still can't find the little blue buttons to do the thank you posts.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Don't worry about buttons!

I'm sending you prayers and hugs too during this most painful and difficult time. I am so very sorry for your loss.

:praying
Old 04-15-2008, 10:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My goodness, I am so sorry for your loss. I can not imagine the pain of the loss of a child. Please remember that he is finally at peace and in wonderful hands now. I will pray for you and your family and that this terrible loss with help your other son find the need to get help.
God bless!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 10:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm very sorry for your loss , as a recoverying addict I can only hope that your sons suffering is finally over . you must accept this terrible event as what is sometimes inevitable , some of us have to die , I hope you can focus on living for yourself and continue to support your surviveing family members , maybe this will help your other son to resolve to recover , best wihes and please continue to post your thoughts here .it helps to share both for you and for still suffering addicts , God bless you ,,, Matt
Old 04-16-2008, 12:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

(((((((((((((((((nenacarol)))))))))))))))
Welcome from another parent here. So sorry for the horrific circumstance that brought you here. Your loss is beyond words really. Your sorrow must be overwhelming.
As a parent of an addict who has survived an overdose, I understand that addiction can have fatal results; That is my worst fear and now your nightmare.
Maybe one day when you feel up to it you can post about your beautiful son.

When you are able and want support in your grief there is a terrific Al-anon mtg. not far from you, in South Laguna just north of Crown Valley and PCH that is just for parents of adult addicts.
Saturday 11:00 AM Parent's of Alcoholic/addict Focus
South LAGUNA BEACH
South Coast Medical Center
31872 South Coast Hwy 92651
Board Room off lobby

There is another mtg. in your county just for parents, but I have not attended this one.
Tuesday 6:30 PM
Parents of Alcoholics/addicts focus
RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA BellTower
22232 El Paseo 92688

May your son rest in peace.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

In my prayers

So sorry for your loss. I can relate as I lost my absolute closest friend to an OD, though obviously not my child. Also, I am a recovering heroin addict as well. Please know that your in my prayers. It is my prayer that this tragedy can bring an awareness of the reality of death to your other son and he can find sobriety and now that your son can now at least find peace and relief from the pain of life. God Bless you.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Nenacarol, welcome to SR. My son is an addict, missing for almost 4 years now, and with all I have been through I just cannot imagine the pain of a mother who has lost a child to his horrible disease.

Yet there are several here who have faced such a loss, who have been comforted by the support and recovery they have found for themselves. Please know you are welcome here and that there are others who share your pain.

My heart and prayers go out to you, may you take some comfort in knowing that God loves all his children, including his addicted ones. May your son rest in peace, suffering no more in the arms of God.

Hugs
Old 04-16-2008, 03:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for you that you may find peace in this tragedy. Prayers for your son that he is finally at peace. And prayers for your other son that he may find recovery. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-16-2008, 03:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Nenacarol,
Please accept my sympathy today for your son and your family. I am so glad you found SR and are reaching out, dear one. I hope that you continue to be a part of our family, particularly during the rough times. That is when we need each other the most. My prayers,

PT
Old 04-16-2008, 04:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
To Life!

My heart goes out to you during this trial.
I cannot imagine your pain. You have my sympathy and my prayers as you make your way through this time. :praying

Here is a link that may help. It describes the 5 stages of grief that we go through following a loss. I hope it helps.
The Stages Of Grief
Again, you have my heartfelt sympathy.

Shalom!
Old 04-16-2008, 04:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. I send my prayers with you and your family.
HUGS. HUGS.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Mega Hugs and Prayers for you and your family
(+) (+) (+)
Old 04-16-2008, 05:19 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

PRAYERS AND HUGS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. SO VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.:praying
Old 04-16-2008, 05:21 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

dear nenacarol

My heart goes out to you.

may your son be at peace and may you also find solace in your life.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
cmc

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you will continue to come around to SR for support. My son is an addict presently in recovery. I can't imagine your pain right now.
Please accept my condolences.
Here is a link for an organization founded for parents who have lost a child.
The Compassionate Friends
Here's the phone number for their Irvine, CA chapter. You can call them to see if there is another chapter nearer to where you live.
949-552-2800