Up and down in recovery...

Old 02-11-2008, 05:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

MT. Everest.....Ahhh the cliff I jump off of them all the time too. Perhaps if I would slow down a little I could see it in time before I go over the edge maybe I could stop and enjoy the view. I like the burst of energy the thrill of running towards the big coupe de gras, my high, am I high enough to choose which of my precious body parts to land on sometimes I am it depends on how much of my own BS I believe... the higher my up hill run the higher the cliff that is coming up....

For example if my mom calls me up and says that my sister has ripped off her ATM card and has caused her mortgage payment to bounce and I get up in arms about it and go running and fuming over to her house to confront my sister I can be sure I am running up hill to a cliff that is pretty high.

Since I have done this type of thing (rescue) several times before and pretty much gotten the same result I now am able to reference this in my little pea brain that rescue does not work it never has and never will...Now I can say to my mom Oh... I hope you can come up with a good solution for yourself. I realize this is her life not mine and if I go stirring up her trouble mine will multiply. God knows I don't need her monster chasing me off of a cliff...

You know the drill(((((BigSis)))) myob... be ready to take your grandchildren into your home if need be. Watch out for smugness cause it is a slippery high cliff. Be gentle with yourself, keep the focus on you....
Old 02-11-2008, 06:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Maybe it was his time to have a new one torn!!!!! You know HE works in mysterious ways!!! lol

I say so what, you did what you needed to at the time, it's done, it's over, move on and up.
You are too much of an inspiration to us all to feel any different.

I see travel in your future.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Just wanted to add a big ((((HUG))))) and prayers for you! It seems like everyone is struggling with something right now; I know I am. But we are growing and learning and God is in control of it all.

Hoping you are having a wonderful Monday!
Old 02-11-2008, 03:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

Hey, Bigsis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya,
Linda
Old 02-12-2008, 08:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Big Sis,
I had a a similar freak-out after my sister had a binge last weekend. Screaming at the top of my lungs, shaking, I mean I thought I was possessed. I felt like absolute cr*p afterwards.

I told my therapist about the episode and how disappointed I was in myself. He just sighed and said "This is the journey. And it's a long one."

Keep on keepin' on! My thoughts are with you!!
Old 02-12-2008, 03:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

HAH! See? The difference between a bad day and a good day IS two days.

Told ya so

Okay, seriously, I'm glad you're feeling better and hopefully this can all fall behind you now as you begin a better day.

Hugs