Mother who needs advise and your prayers.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

You help me as well, its wonderful to know that they are such caring people out there. I suspect you help others too.

Yes our Higher Power is wonderful.

Kevin
Old 01-19-2008, 09:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Kevin,
I have always felt we have a purpose on this planet. Even as a child I was blessed to cherish everyday. I had a wonderful childhood and my dad talked to me a lot about blessings in life and to cherish each day as though it where your last. I love being a wife, mom, friend, sister, and daughter. In my childhood I lost a lot of people and in explaining the death, my dad would always explain how important it was to let the people you love so deeply know how you felt about them. Not just by words, but by your actions. I remember my dad saying about 100 times a day or more "I love you SweetPea" Those words went so deep, because I knew he meant it by his actions. I hope that I can help someone in the way you all have helped me. I believe that every word and action makes a difference in your life. One way or the other. You experience in life can be used to help others. By being on this site and talking to others, I want you to know that you are definitely making an impact on lives in a positive way. Thanks for you positive impact on me. I am Blessed!!
Old 01-19-2008, 09:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Hey Sweetpea,

Welcome to SR. Glad you've found this site because there is so much good info and wisdom here.

I'm a mother of a daughter in recovery. The best thing I did for myself (at the insistence of a counselor at my daughter's 2nd rehab) was to go to Al Anon meetings. There are no Nar Anon meetings in my town, but I don't think it really matters if I go to Al Anon or Nar Anon. They both operate off the same 12 step program.

I was told that I had better be doing all that I could to work on me so I'd be better prepared for when my daughter came home. I am so glad I was told that for it was some of the best advice I've been given. Today I still attend 2 meetings a week and will continue to as long as I have breath in me and am able.

Praying for you and your son, Sweetpea.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 01-19-2008, 11:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm the mom an an AD, but also a recovering addict myself. Try reading some of the stories of recovery here on the other forums. How long does it take? Well, its a lifetime disease. The best scenario would be that he goes to NA meetings while you go to either Naranon, Alanon, or CODA meetings and you both concentrate on your own recoveries. It he comes home and relapses at any point, you'll most likely see the signs and know in your gut that he isn't right. He may not relapse either - some do stay clean!! Meanwhile, enjoy God' grace right now; its all good.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by sweetpea40 View Post
Kevin,
I have always felt we have a purpose on this planet. Even as a child I was blessed to cherish everyday. I had a wonderful childhood and my dad talked to me a lot about blessings in life and to cherish each day as though it where your last. I love being a wife, mom, friend, sister, and daughter. In my childhood I lost a lot of people and in explaining the death, my dad would always explain how important it was to let the people you love so deeply know how you felt about them. Not just by words, but by your actions. I remember my dad saying about 100 times a day or more "I love you SweetPea" Those words went so deep, because I knew he meant it by his actions. I hope that I can help someone in the way you all have helped me. I believe that every word and action makes a difference in your life. One way or the other. You experience in life can be used to help others. By being on this site and talking to others, I want you to know that you are definitely making an impact on lives in a positive way. Thanks for you positive impact on me. I am Blessed!!
I can't take credit for any support I give as its a we job not an I one. You post moved me to tears. I love being in life instead of watchin it from teh sidelines under hooded eys.

My avatar is me from a few weeks ago and the pic below is me at about 22, some 28 years agao.

Kevin
Old 01-20-2008, 03:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

That should read 36 years ago, I am not that young! and sorry about the spelling.

Kevin