Divorcing my AH

Old 03-01-2008, 09:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
rozied

I read your post & felt sorry you had to go through this. I can relate as many many yrs ago at age 18 I married a compulsive gambler ( different addiction...same result ) I had 2 sons with him & tried everything to get him to see the light, but nothing worked. I used to feel sorry for him cuz he had a rough start & I believed then that with enough love he would do the right thing, boy was I ever young & naieve. I left him the last time when I was 27. I went back to school & got my BSN. After 10 yrs alone I met & married a wonderful man. I had thought I could never love anyone the way I loved him, again I was so wrong.
I have grandchildren now & after 30 yrs of never hearing from him he called me. It seems he went from gambling to drugs & finally at age 58 got clean & sober. Am I ever glad I ended it when I did.
People do not change unless they want to. Noone changes for anyone else. If you are with someone you must be abel to love them unconditionally. The secret is to pick someone that you know doesn't do anything you can't live with. I wish you the best of luck.
Diane