prayers needed

Old 01-18-2008, 09:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I'm so sorry things are going aray, I'll be saying an extra prayer for the two of you
Old 01-18-2008, 09:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

((((((((((((((((((LIL))))))))))))))))))
Just came in now.....sorry, Love and Prayers for you both....
Old 01-18-2008, 01:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

lil, i am sorry i missed this post. i just said a prayer for you & your son.prayers are powerful. please let us hear from you when u can. i am sorry you are hurting.hugs,
Old 01-18-2008, 02:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

i'm so sorry your heart aches. it is good he is somewhere with people who know how to talk to him and how to listen.

we all have our own path. we do. but as we walk our individual destinies, we can love and pray for each other, as you love and pray for your son. i wish you both a better future and brighter days.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lil, I'm sorry I missed this thread earlier but you and your son are in my prayers.

Like Hangin', I give my son to God every day and ask Him to take care of him. It helps me get through my days a little better.

The fact that he's at the recovery house sounds good. Even if he relapsed, and many places allow one relapse if they confess rather than get caught, he's at a good place with counselors and good support around him.

Let's both turn our sons over to their HP, Lil, and go share some coffee and cheesecake.

Hugs from a mama who's been there
Old 01-18-2008, 08:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oh Lil, I missed this too. I'm so sorry. I too am praying for your son; he is in my prayers daily, but now more than ever. His HP has put him in the best place possible...back in the recovery house.
Picturing HP wrapping your son in his arms then gently turning and wrapping you in comfort and love.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I spoke to my son this evening....he is struggling ....apparently much drama has occurred...

it is not clear whether he will be able to remain there...

it is all out of my hands

when we spoke tonight I told him "one day at a time can also be one minute at a time"....I told him that was how long he needed to hang on and if he could then maybe he could hold on for another minute after that...

please keep us in your prayers

all of you are always in mine
Old 01-19-2008, 03:32 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((lil)))

Prayers that your son will get exactly what he needs, exactly when he needs it. More prayers that you can feel the peace of having HP working directly in your life. (((hugs)))
Old 01-19-2008, 03:39 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'll be saying Bis sis's prayers (can't improve on those!) for you both.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:55 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((Lil)))) still praying for you both, my friend. My heart hurts for you and for him.

The Just for Today phrase that I repeat in my head over and over in troubled times is "Just for today I will live in this day only and not try to tackle my whole life's problems at once. I can do something for 12 hours that would appall me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime."
Old 01-19-2008, 09:20 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

So sorry you're going through all of this. I really think that in addicts there is remorse/disappointment/sadness at themselves for relapsing, knowing that addiction has so much control over them. I truly believe that addicts struggle so much within themselves when going through recovery, knowing when they relapse that they are disappointing so many.

I pray for his recovery. I pray for you both.

Jenny
Old 01-19-2008, 09:50 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Acts 3:16

Prayer for Lil

Father, I hold up Lil to you today, God. Father I ask that you be with her and comfort her now, Lord. Allow her to feel your presence, God. Send your Spirt and fill her with your peace, Father. I hold up Lil's son to you also, Lord. Father, through you all things are possible. Place your hedge of protection around him, God, and sheild him from the deamons that torment him. Have your way with him, God, and break the bonds that bind him so that he can be set free. Gracious Lord, you have shown me your mercy. You saved me from myself. I know your power. I know your love. Please, Father, shine your Holy Grace in these lives, Father. In the Holy Name of your Son, Jesus, I pray. Amen.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:05 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thank you for that beautiful prayer
Old 01-19-2008, 03:39 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I don't know sometimes if watching our loved ones in full addiction is the worse thing we watch them go through, I see my son sometimes struggling with recovery and my heart breaks I think just as bad if not more when he's sober. Maybe because I know he is trying so hard.
tonight I will say extra prayers for the struggling recovering addicts