Now what?

Old 01-08-2008, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Now what?

I've posted here recently about my sister and you guys have been great. She still has two kids and her alleged husband living with her,and she gave away her oldest daughter when she turned 14. Two days before Christmas, they were evicted - AGAIN - and they've taken off for parts unknown. I swear I could feel this coming. Before, I was angry. Now I'm sad and unhappy. It sounds so simple, but it's causing problems in my life. We couldn't prove they're addicts, (how can they live like that and NEVER get busted!?) and she always b.s's her way with CPS, so we don't have the kids, and we have no idea where they are or how they're living. My parents refuse to let them live with them again, and they refuse to leave the kids with my parents, I'm 1200 miles away and my mother still hasn't admitted that she's an addict. So, I guess what I want to know, are sleepless nights and stomach aches and sadness and worry just part of the deal? I understand there's truly nothing I can do and we've been dealing with this with her for 18years. But I'm heartsick and scared. I know it's boring, but what do you guys do when you feel like this? I've been praying, but I can feel that I'm not letting God do His job. I just need some rest and less guilt. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
rub

chelliet,

I really understand how you feel. The addict in my life is my brother. He has been using crack for about 7 years, and has never been busted by the police, and any time my parents have found anything (while searching him room, clothes, truck wallet) its always "someone elses."

My parents would not admit that my brother was an addict either, despite stolen money, lies, and drug dealers at their house demanding money, until he
said he was an addict. This happened last week. No matter how many things my brother did, or how many times we told them he was an addict, they couldnt see it until they choose to. That took my a very long time to figure out.

Its a good step that you mom is not supporting them, but there is huge concern for those kids.

As for the stress and guilt, yup, seems to be the norm. Try get yourself to a al-anon or nar-anon meeting. They help so much. Also, kepp coming back to this site. Lots of good advice, hugs, and shoulders around here...
Old 01-08-2008, 03:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

chelliet,
Goodness it's so hard when little people are in the middle of addiction.

If it was me, and I finally found out where they were staying I swear I would notify the police, to tell them of possible drugs in the house, or apartment.

I'm not sure if it would be the right thing to do, but at least then, they would be in the system and it would be easier to rescue the children.
Most likely I'm thinking with my heart.

This is so sad, I sure can understand you're being so sick about it.

When I feel distraught, I attend more meetings, and start reading my Alanon books. I can always find a page that helps me get my thoughts, and worries in order.

Hugs to you,
prayers for the children,
Old 01-08-2008, 03:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Will the police always go out and investigate? I don't have any idea where they do the drugs, it's just so obvious based on history, lifestyle and appearance. I know we're going to have to fight for the kids, I just need to get proof. Thanks for the advice, I don't know why I've been hung up on CPS, I should have thought of the police sooner.