A happy Monday

Old 01-07-2008, 06:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A happy Monday

I am starting the week off fresh . My niece is in detox and from there she is going to some shelter related to addiction/rehab . I dropped the bomb on her on New Years Day when she called my cell phone screaming about money , keys etc.. My mom and I were going to have a talk with her in person but she was barely home over the holidays , she ruined xmas for her mother and mine by not coming home for two days and not even bothering to pick up the phone to say she was alive .

I have to say that I feel good about having her out of my house. I don't have to see my mother upset and stressed out all the time. My mom is in a good mood this morning , which I haven't seen her in one for quite some time.

Funny enough my nephew , her brother. Helped my mom and his mom through alot of this . He is in jail for three months and was talking on a three way call to both of them , giving them some advice to letting her go , that she has to fall on her own and that the two of them are only prolonging her getting clean by Super Enabling her . He has struggled with his own addiction for twelve years now and he just had 15 months clean so he knows first hand how bad things can get. For that last two years before he cleaned up he stayed away from everyone in the family , he said he hit his low and couldn't stand to see anyone in the family cause he didn't want to bring anyone down to where he was. He is really working a program on his own in jail and feels good about alot of things for first time in ten years .

I am glad this has all come to an end , I can't tell you how good it feels to sit here and type this all out . I really hope she finds her way this time. :bounce:bounce
Old 01-07-2008, 07:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

that's awesome! Now you still need to let go of expectations (that she'll stay in treatment, that she'll stay clean after she finishes treatment, that she'll be a good human being after she finishes treatment and stays clean...)
But this is still worthy of celebrating right now