Merry Christmas, Happy New Year Update

Old 01-03-2008, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year Update

Hey all, have'nt posted in a while. It's been one of those quiet periods with AS. He's still in Nashville living wioth a guy he met in N.A. He may not or may be using I can't tell because Im not around him all the time. I did see him yesterday when he came to pay his probation and he actually looked good . Maybe even gained a little. I don't know, who knows, time will tell how he really is. Anyway, all you folks I haven't heard from, give me the scoop , what's going on with your A's. P.S. We have a new addition, a 1.5 pound chocolate mini weenie dog named sophie. Mrs lake said she would grow up healthy and happy and never have to worry about any addiction except milk bones.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Lake,
It's good to hear from you. Glad things have been quiet in your corner of the world.
Hey....congrats on the new addiition to the family. I love dogs and cats too. My RAD wants a puppy or kitty in the worst way. This time around I told her it would have to all be on her. When she can afford it, and be there to take care of it all of the time, then we can talk. Until then, it's not happeneing here.

RAD is doing pretty well. No drugs but I think it takes time to lose the immature and irresponsible thinking that goes along with being an addict. Still lives with me...not an ideal situation. She is respectful so its bearable.

Had the best Christmas I've had in 6 yrs. RAD sharing Christmas with her brothers and her little neice. Warmed my heart big time.

Keep checking in......always wonder how you and Mrs. Lake are doing.

Hugs and Happy New Year.............Lo
Old 01-03-2008, 10:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Had the best Christmas I've had in 6 yrs. RAD sharing Christmas with her brothers and her little neice. Warmed my heart big time.

That is awesome, I know how long it's taken you to get here. It gives everyone hope. Prayers for you and AD in 08
Old 01-03-2008, 12:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Hi Lake,
Happy to hear your Xmas was a good one!
Plus it's always kind of nice, in a way, when are addicts have some distance from us.

(in my case 4000 miles would be good..HA!..)

Picture of Sophie please.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sometimes I wish I had stuck with just having dogs. Not kids. :bounce Glad to hear that at least things have been calm for you.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear from you Lake and Happy New Year. My daughter is doing quite well...loves her own place, working hard on her program with her sponsor (second go round with a 4th step), great guy in her life with a relationship that seems built on a solid friendship first, and a challenging new job with benefits...good ones, lol. I really enjoy spending time with her...I learn a lot from her too. I wouldn't have thought a few years ago that she would ever mature to this point...Now she is wiser than her years. We all had enjoyable holidays together and that warmed this mom's heart.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Hi Lake - good to hear from ya - so glad you and Mrs. Lake are enjoying the wonderful addition to the family!! Congrats!

Our daughter is incarcerated right now, been there since the early part of Dec - will probably be there until March when she goes to court - then we will find out what happens after that.

But life is good, God's still in control and He hasn't called me yet on my cell asking for my advice - Boy, that's such a good thing!!! lol

Wishing you and Mrs. Lake Serenity & Joy,
Rita
Old 01-04-2008, 10:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Nice to hear from you. All is well on the Western Front.
If I didn't travel so much I would love to get a dog. How special your pup must be.
No matter what our sons are doing, we'll be okay.
Although when they look good it sure does provide peace of mind.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Not bad here...not great, but not bad.
Had OK holidays, then AS decided to move back "home"

He seems to be getting by OK, but I'm the one having the problem. I'll adjust I think.

I got very used to not thinking about his where abouts so this set me back a few steps.

I'm so glad things are looking up for you. I'm glad you stopped in also to let us know.

((((Hugs)))
Cece