X-Addict sister at it again

Old 11-09-2007, 03:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

X-Addict sister at it again

My sister spent years on the streets panhandling for Heroin with her so called "soul mate"

She hasn't seen him (as far as I know) for 10 years, (probably more).. always talked about how much she missed him..

She is on SSI tons of problems; my parents took her in 1 year ago; along with her 7 year old son with ADHD..

I am now in NY visiting..have a big wedding to go to on Sunday and I don't leave until the following Sunday..

Well; this morning she was acting really weird.. she left.. I asked my dad where she went; she went to see her so called "soul mate" he is a drug addict. They panhandled on the streets for Heroin together. She told my dad not to tell me..he did.. I don't even know why she told my dad??

My dad doesn't know what to do, I feel betrayed..I don't even want to look at her..

My dad doesn't know if he should tell my mom; I think he should. If he does; all H-LL is going to break lose here..

I think I am getting on an airplane flying out of here first thing Monday morning..
Old 11-09-2007, 08:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are going through this when you are there for a celebration.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Addiction sucks! Maybe you can just be patient and last a week there at least to be involved with your parents who could use the support right now.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My daughter has a so called "soulmate". He is 17 years her senior and what makes the union "perfect" is he supplies all her drugs and she can sit around and use and not have any responsibilites. Focus on your recovery. I have been following your story and I see so much growth in you. It is not a selfish thing to do. Letting your sister make her own mistakes and learning from them is the most loving thing that you can do for her. Taking care of you is the most loving thing that you can do for yourself. You got there and your sister has the power in her to get there too. Hugs, Marle
Old 11-10-2007, 04:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lizrox, I'm sorry this is all unfolding before your eyes, having a front row seat to the drama just stinks.

Just a couple of thoughts I'd like to toss out there. First, there is no reason to hide addiction from anyone who is close to the addict. Doesn't mean we need to put up a billboard, but keeping secrets leaves those who don't know vulnerable. So maybe tell your mom and let all hell break lose. It's her hell to break lose and if that's the way she wants to deal with this, well it's gotta be her choice.

The second thought is that you are there for a week, can you stay with somebody else and just plan a fun week for yourself? Sadly, no matter how you choose to spend your week, your sister will still be using. So maybe say a prayer for her then go live your life well.

I'm not insensitive to how hard all this is, believe me I've been there. What I have learned is that I am powerless over addiction but my life can be wonderful if I am willing to let it.

Hugs