Been gone awhile...

Old 10-20-2007, 10:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Been gone awhile...

Hello everyone. I've missed this place. Haven't been on here in quite some time. Things have been so busy I haven't had the chance. RAH and I finally got to move into our brand new house. It's beautiful, I love it! I spent four days painting before we moved in, so it totally feels like MY home. Not completely unpacked yet but slowly getting there.
Things with RAH have been alright. As far as I can tell he hasn't used in 2 months, I could be wrong though I have been fooled before. We are getting along much better. I'm still sticking with my plan to not be intimate until I see a clean test though. He hasn't taken a test in a few weeks, he did fail the last one. So I'm wondering something. If someone has smoked pot on a daily basis for ten years how long does it take before it's out of the system? I've read many different things with many different answers.
My brother, I'm not even sure anymore. He's in complete self pity mode as he cannot find a gf. He doesn't seem to realize that the self-pity mode and the drugs go hand in hand and that is what keeps him from finding someone. I've removed myself from that picture as much as possible. Anytime I'm around him and he mentions drugs I either walk away or don't even acknowledge the comment. I wish I could walk away everytime, but because we work together that's a bit impossible sometimes.
I've focused more on myself and my kids and less on the two addicts in my life and lately I've noticed that I'm not finding it impossible to get up in the morning. No longer depressed all the time. RAH has agreed to go to a marriage counsellor with me,as even without drugs in the picture we have some communication issues. SO I guess we will see how that goes.
Just wanted to let you all know that things are going well here and that I've missed you all very much. Hope to be around a little more once I'm settled.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Hi BigSis,
It sounds wonderful and Im glad you are settling in. Keep focussing on you as I need some good news for a change.
Wishing you well.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to see you, sis! hugs, k
Old 10-21-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

glad you took the time to post.sounds as if u r doing ok.moving into a new house i know is exciting.keep the focus on yourself & your kids. you have good things going on for you & them.don't spoil it worring what u can't control.let them take care of them self. nothing u can do anyway.prayers,