Pray for my little sister

Old 10-09-2007, 12:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pray for my little sister

She had a bad night with the boyfriend last night. He tried to come into my mother's home while my mom was at work and my sister was there with the baby. I haven't gotten the details because she called a safe house, and was taken to safety after my mom got home. My mom told me that she was on the floor crying and holding my nephew this morning when she got home and that she thought he was going to kill them.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

sherryb,
I am so sorry that your sister had to go through that. I am glad that she went to a safe house. Please tell your mom to be careful, since the bf seems to be a little crazy at this point. I am sending prayers for you and your family.
Hugs coming to you
Old 10-09-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

They told her to be very careful. I'm concerned for her as well because my dad has passed away and she's by herself. My mom is at my grandparents' house right now.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

prayers for your family,
susan
Old 10-09-2007, 02:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I hope she went to a safe house through a women's crisis line or shelter. If not, have her contact them and they will make sure she is safe. They will also arrange for an order against him so that if he tries to contact her, he will be arrested.

I volunteer with abused women and a women's home, and it makes my heart break to see these women afraid of the one person they should be able to trust.

Please encourage her to be careful, there is a cycle to abuse and it includes the "I'm sorry" and flowers (this is called the honeymoon phase). It never last and each attack is usually worse than the last.

I'm sending prayers for all of you, this must be very upsetting.

Hugs
Old 10-09-2007, 02:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Please encourage her to be careful, there is a cycle to abuse and it includes the "I'm sorry" and flowers (this is called the honeymoon phase). It never last and each attack is usually worse than the last.
AMEN to that. It also often includes an incredibly manipulative manner in the abuser that twists the facts and leaves the abused woman wondering if the abuse was somehow her fault or if she did something wrong... he can even convince her that she deserved it.

The bottom line is this: even if I DO say something inappropriate or "wrong", it still doesn't give anyone an excuse to abuse me mentally, physically or emotionally. Abuse is wrong. PERIOD.

I am so very sorry your sister had to go thru that. Please have her get in touch with a shelter so they can help her and the baby.

Hugs
Cats
Old 10-09-2007, 03:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for your sister's safety and for your whole family. Hugs, Marle
Old 10-09-2007, 05:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

sherry, honey she has my prayers. i am glad she went into the shelter.she will b safe there. prayers for you & your family also.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Oh such awful terrifying craziness.. You got my prayers.. Victims of abuse.. it is just the worse offense by anyone.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Adding my prayers for your sister and your family. Keep us posted if you can.
Terri
Old 10-09-2007, 06:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This is so sad and so scarey. You sister did the smart thing going to a shelter.
I do worry about your mom. I have been scared because I was living alone when my daughter was off doing her thing. Some of the people she brought here were scary.
I often thought they might come back and try to rob me. We don't have that situation anymore because she isn't allowed to bring anyone here unless I know them. She got rid of all of the deadbeats in her life. Thank God.

Stay safe.........Lo
Old 10-09-2007, 07:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Praying for your sister and her baby...and all of your family. I hope she is safe and that he stays away from all of you. It's heartbreaking
Old 10-10-2007, 01:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Praying for your sister and her child. I've been through this horrific situation myself and I know first hand how frightening it is.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I haven't heard from her yet myself, but she did call my grandmother's house and talk to my mom yesterday.

She knows all about the honeymoon phase and that she shouldn't feel like it's all her fault. I had printed out a lot of information about abuse online and that was why she decided to leave him. She had left about 6 weeks ago, but was staying with my mom. She had been allowing him to come and see the baby, but once he realized he couldn't convince her to come back with him, he got mad.

I still don't know what he did to her Monday night because I haven't talked to her yet. She didn't tell my mom because our mom is bipolar and she gets upset easily.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

She and the baby are in my prayers.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm praying for your family. My ad is in an abusive relationship so I know how scary these psychotic bf's are.

Trish