gas station roses

Old 10-05-2007, 12:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SaTiT View Post
and how would you know, are you a crack head ?
and why would it be imposisble ? it just takes a liitle longer
to hit the blood stream.

people smoke it , eat it, inject it...anyway to get it into the system.
People shot up in veriouse places other than the arm.
and why would it have to be glass only?
all that dose is allow the crack head to scrap the pipe if they get hard up.lol

okay,out of sight , out of mind..problem solved. Into someone's else
play ground, parks or neighborhood.
yeah well Satit I've done my share of crack. I have known and smoke with lots of crack heads and I have done crack/coke in every way..shot/smoked/snorted/freebased and i have never seen anyone eat it..it would be considered a waste of a high.

No like I said it can be done with a tv or car antenae..it doesn't have to be glass only.

If you lived in my neighborhood maybe you would understand why I am sick of the problem....it's pretty fu**ing bad here..A**h*le!

Last edited by raerae6; 10-05-2007 at 12:50 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

well where dose the crack gose when you snort it ? into the brain ..i guess ?

no i don't live in the hood at the moment, but it's like I've had never live
near the hood either. when it gets the west side of town..it's consider an epidemic.lol
Old 10-05-2007, 12:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

well where dose the crack gose when you snort it ? into the brain ..i guess ?

no i don't live in the hood at the moment, but it's like I've had never live
near the hood either. when it gets the west side of town..it's consider an epidemic.lol
yeah well hon speakin from the midst of the hood here it's pretty mf bad here!!! You have no idea from yr obvious assumptions...take a little trip out of your comfort zone and see...
Old 10-05-2007, 01:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Satit, y'know what I;m sick of ??? I'm sick of going to the entryway of my laudryroom and seeing some crackh* givin a guy a BJ...I'm sick of people in my neighborhood gettin robbed at gun point...I'm sick of people leaving thier needles lying around... there are kids on my block and when they cut down on people sellin paraphenalia and so on it actually has helped get these things off my block.

So it all moves a few blocks over...the only real solution is to get rid of things like poverty...etc...but i'm sick of havin it here...hell ya!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 02:34 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

why blame everybody for crack head's actions ?
Crack heads will use anything to smoke crack.
some people just eat it...

I guess throw all the spoons out of your kicthen.lol

give me a break, close down all the hardward stores while you're at too.

Then you gotta write the U.S. treasury department and request that no more
bills should be printed.
Then you gotta write the U.S. auto workers and tell them to stop installing rear veiw
mirrors
Then you gotta write all the credit cards company to stop issuing credit cards.
Satit, we dislike the easy availability of drugs and the paraphernalia that goes with using. Why? Because drugs are killing our children, our spouses, our siblings and our friends. The people we love most are dying from the disease of addiction.

If you have something constructive to add, thank you. But please don't criticize anyone on this forum for being angry at all things associated with addiction. It's a healthy thing for us to get that anger out and also sharing information such as this helps many understand the nature of addiction and maybe why strange things show up in their homes.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:18 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

ain't that a B as in the blame game

it is contructive... you don't have to agree with it , that's why it's
contructive..if we live in a perfect world i guess crack wouldn't be a
problem would it.

i might not agree with you or jump on the band wagon....but I'm not wrong.

I get your piont...but my piont is, it's just the symtom of the problem
on a society level.

As long as people doing drugs there's always going to drugs dealers.

and that's stima when it comes to attending NA. Miss uderstood
people assuming all NA members or recoverying addicts are crack heads
and came from the hood or criminals

never mind....I thought recovery is about me changing myself
and noboby else as an alki or a codi

and whom have I critizised ???
I havn't copied and pasted or quoted anyone..

I simply asked a simple question ?
would there be a double strandard as only going after the rose manufacturer ?
or dose it apply to everyone.

and if you have a hardtime dealing with me..?
i no stake or claim of profit in the product...how would you react to
to product manufacture ? they're not going to just roll over and
go ...oki doki. The product is not against the law.

mmm you can see if there's lead paint in it thou ?...lol

as in alcohol manufactures..it's not against the law to drink alcohol,
it's not against the law to be plastured out of your mind.
I had police officers explaining this to me when mt GF was wacked
out of her mind.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:24 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yeah, we had a gas station recently start selling them. I asked the manager, who is a foreigner, if he knew what they were used for, and he **laughed** and said "I guess they smoke crack out of them". He said they were legal for him to sell and he had several people ask for them.

I told him *I* find nothing funny about addiction, and to me him selling pipes to smoke crack from was just as bad as the people who sell crack. If he chose to sell crack pipes in his store, that was his choice, but it was MY choice to not purchase anything from his store again. And I was a weekly customer, purchasing lots of cartons of MY addiction from his store.

I have been back to the store twice since then. The second time, I didn't see the pipes, and I asked him if he was still selling them and he said no. I thought, yeah right, you just moved them behind the counter. But whatever. At least it felt good for me to speak my mind--something I've always had a hard time doing. And maybe he did quit selling them--good for him if he did.

I know it won't make a difference in crack use in the area--where there's a will there's always a way. But we don't have to make it easier. We don't have to knowingly sell drug paraphernalia to addicts. We don't have to have these triggers sitting right on the counter. And we don't have to support a store who chooses to make a profit from addiction.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Darn-I gots to be old!!!! Roses, brillo pads-? Our 2 gas stations have both on the counters & other things I now wonder about. Hmmmmmm!!!!!!! And I thought the corn cob pipes were souveners for the state. Duh? Going to check their counters out next time-may find some interested things!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 08:41 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I must be naive too.....
Wow!! I have never heard of half of this stuff.....

Thanks for the eye-opener, this info just gives me more things to look out for.
I usually read the National Enquirer while I am waiting in line...

Colleen
Old 10-05-2007, 09:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
On a tear

Yeah drugs are prevalent, but drug use really isn't equally distributed in "micro" sense.

I know using is concentrated in certain areas of my county... though the "users" themselves may come from ANY AND ALL social strata.

Is that the point you were making Satit?

Our law enforcement cracked down - hard on "mom and pop" meth labs. Pretty much got rid of them around here. Satit could probably guess what happened....

The Mexican Mafia moved in with a higher grade, cheaper meth... there was a demand without a supply.

There is no "cure", but some efforts by communities have proven they can "move" drug use out of their neighborhoods.... block watch, increased surveilance, cops raiding drug houses... all of this makes it inconvenient for users - who will move to a more convenient location.

Does that mean that we have "eradicated" drug use? Not in the Macro sense... but perhaps in the Micro. And that is where I live.

Maybe we can go the way of parts of Europe and make it legal, as we did with booze. Then being a drug addict won't be illegal, just "natural" - and we can tax the bejesus out of it. I can't say I would support that... but I know there are no EASY answers.

(((hugs)))
Old 10-05-2007, 04:58 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

It's really funny you would mention this. There's a nasty convenience store down the street and they have all kinds of paraphenalia for drugs. Cig rollers, papers, tiny little scales, and wouldn't you know it, those little glass pipe roses!

The other things were obvious, but the roses really had me! My son said he hated going to that store since they sell this crap and told me about the little roses in the little glass tubes. I was shocked.

Funny thing is this place is owned by 3 men who are NOT drug addicts.
Strange, huh!
Old 10-05-2007, 05:15 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

here's a photo of them I found online. Now that I think about it, who on earth would actually give their girlfriend some cheap piece of junk like this? They're only a few inches long.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:26 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I'd like to apologize for flying off the handle and swearing on this thread.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:33 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

actually raerae6, I was thinking the same thing! I am sick to death of it!
Old 10-05-2007, 06:19 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Satit's right, in a way. Ban one thing and they'll find another.

BUT I also know that if you walk into one of those stores and present them with a list of signatures of people who will never, EVER shop there again, for anything, if they don't get rid of the roses, they'd listen. Those stupid things don't make them enough money to make up for a few dozen's peoples' groceries, gas, etc.

Some say capitalism is evil. I know it's also a really good weapon, if you know how to swing it. Why not give it a shot.

p.s. I live in a small town and someone (obviously from my street) recently stuck a large yellow note up on our only post office bulletin board - we all have to go there to get our mail - that simply said, in big unavoidable magic-marker letters: If you buy your drugs on XXXX Rd., smile! you are being photographed. Amazing how much less traffic there is on my block now. Hm. And I thought they were all coming to visit granny.

Like you all said....if we can't stop them, force them to go somewhere else.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:47 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Well. That is sure interesting.

There was a reason I was supposed to pop in here tonight. I left my ex last year but I got lots of those roses and never did they come with the tube. I always thought that was odd bc they have the tube on them in the store, but never ever thought much else about it. He is an alcoholic, he always said it slipped off or he dropped it. I thought, yeah because you're drunk. Never thought about this. Makes sense as to how he now has a crack additiction.

Real interesting.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:28 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Just heard of another "strange thing". At least new to me. I use canned air to clean my computer and some items that I have to resell. Could not find any canned air. Now I am told that "people-kids as well as adults" buy it and it gives them a better "high" than pot. Have you ever heard of this or is it just I have not. Makes me so furious-I had to have Staples special order for me to make certain I can obtain just 3 darn cans. This is soooo stupid!!!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 11:51 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
On a tear

It is called "huffing" and can be lethal... used to use other aerosols - different ones have been more popular than others over the years.

It isn't the substance, but the condition that is the problem. If it were treated as a disease (don't want to start that argument, just using the term in this instance)... if it were treated as a disease that can OFTEN be put into remission... perhaps more money would go to the things that do work - intervention (on many levels), rehab and recovery programs.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:10 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Clyde's Bonnie

my old neighborhood in hartford, CT still sells needles for 50 cents each!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 01:29 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by AUDRADAVID View Post
my old neighborhood in hartford, CT still sells needles for 50 cents each!!!
Call me crazy, but I can see the need for clean needles. When my ex found my son's stash of needles he freaked out, understandably, but I was a little relieved that at least he had clean ones. I know thats sad if you think of it, but the whole thing is sad.

Back when my kid was pawning everything I owned, I was lucky enough to catch things missing in time to buy it back from the local jewelry store. It was my Mom's wedding ring, which I had given to my daughter at graduation. When I went to retireve it I asked the guy (local well respected man, soccer coach etc) how he thought these young kids were coming across this stuff and he said "I thought something wasn't right. Its not the first time he and his friend have been in and they wouldn't look me in the eye"
SO you bought it anyway???!!!
Then he winked and told me he understood my pain...he was a recovering addict himself and thanked God his kids weren't into it.
"Shame on you" I said as I left.
Then I made sure to mention his practices to a few friends. A couple close to me had planned on buying their wedding rings from him (they knew him personally) and not only did they go elsewhere, they told him why.
I did what I could...not much but maybe something, ya know?
(((Hugs)))
Cece