When do we break..

Old 08-30-2007, 04:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hurt again

When do we break..

Well I have been gone for a few weeks from this board. I am thankful for the few weeks of sanity from my AH. He decided to be a normal human being for awhile and drink responsibly. But all good things must come to an end. So here I am again as AH decided to go out last night with the boys and come home a little tipsy. Not enough to really make me mad but enough for him to just be stupid. So I decided to blow it off until today...oh how I love Thursdays. These are his "Sundays" the day before he starts his work week. We made a house rule that there are no drinking on Thursdays because they cause hangovers/depression so that he can't go to work on Fridays. Well AH left today to go to "Home Depot" He was gone for awhile so I drove up to Home Depot, and of course his car was not there and of course he was not answering his cell. After an hour and a half he finally called telling me that his phone was on silent. After he got home I smelled alcohol on his breath. I yelled at him for a while and finally got out of him that he was drinking in his truck. He apoligized and the usual crap of sorrow from his heart. So now he is in the kitchen drinking more. I have yelled and cried enough and of course no good.

So what do I do? We have been married for only 3 months. I am so mad at myself for staying. Mad at myself because I deserve better. Mad at myself because I knew he had a problem. Mad because I put up with it...so what do I do? I contemplate so many times to move back home...to leave. But that guilt of "for better for worse" overtakes me..this is a sickness, and wives shouldn't leave when someone they love is sick.
Mad, depressed, angry...what to do?
Old 08-30-2007, 04:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

honey, for better or for worse???? do u really want to live like this the rest of your life? it is not going to change, only get worse. what about when he loses his job & he will. think about you. you deserve more than this. read all the sticky. jump over & read f&f of alcoholics. it does not get any better.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Do you really believe that for better or worse means we are to be enslaved to another persons abuse?
I think not. Since when does God advocate abuse?
Have you discussed how you feel about his problem? (when he's sober)?
I would imagine that would be a first step. But, addicts and alcoholics are manipulators so they will tell you anything you want to hear. They have to be the ones who take steps to recovery. Unfortunately all the fit pitching, temper tantrums, threats, and the like will not make the addict quit. So, what to do in the mean time? Go to alanon!!! This is where you will gain valuable life saving coping skills.