Morning Inspiration...bring your coffee

Old 08-11-2007, 05:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Morning Inspiration...bring your coffee

Bring your coffee and come sit with me while we watch another beautiful day begin.

This time of day is my inspiration, my connection with nature and God's natural beauty.

Come sit, be still, and just feel the breeze, smell the summer morning air and watch nature unfold....

The geese are gathering, their numbers bigger each day as they teach the young to catch the wind currents and fly in formation. As they awaken they circle the bay and say good morning to each of us....

And more land to join the group....

And the first group heads out for the day....

Old 08-11-2007, 05:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

And my mallard baby girls have grown through the summer and stop for a morning snack before they head out for the day. They too will be back at sunset, in time for a feeding before bed.

There was a time when I would not have noticed any of this. There was a time when I would not have sat on my deck with my coffee, watching the day begin and knowing in my heart that all is well with the world today.

I am grateful that I see things I missed for years and grateful to share them with each of you.

Hugs
Old 08-11-2007, 05:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Beautiful, Ann. Thanks. Last night my husband and I went trolling for Walleye on Lake Huron. It was so peaceful. I did not think about addiction once. Hugs, Marle
Old 08-11-2007, 05:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

There is nothing like the lake to refresh our spirit. I live on Georgian Bay now and was up to St. Joseph Island last weekend and the north channel and it was awesome to just sit by the water and soak in all the scenery and beauty that is there.

Glad to share my morning with you, Marle.

Hugs
Old 08-11-2007, 06:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What a great post to start my day. Brings back many memories-all good. Love mallards-mom did too-have a whole room-duck room with nothing but mallard paintings, figurines, etc. When I was a kid-lived near a farm and mallards used to next in moms yard-counted over a hundred at one time. Neighbor worked for a bread company-would bring trays home each day for them. Smart ducks used to gather on the porch and quack for food. They made the front page of the St. Louis Post Dispatch. Thanks Ann-you always brighten my day!!!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 06:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Yikes, I need a lesson in the birds and the bees. Young males appear similar to females...except they have a bright yellow beak, while the female's beak is brown.

Therefore....these are not "my baby girls" but indeed one male and one female young duck.

I just keep learning and learning and learning
Old 08-11-2007, 07:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sure enough a male and a female. Ann-you would have gotten a kick out of my childhood mallards. Did you ever see a white mallard? We had quite a few. There was a big white duck at the farm-inbreeding somehow. White duck & white Mallards made the newspaper in St. Louis. Quite a story-year after year. We had so many come to the house to see them. Mom sold the house & moved to Chicago to be near me. New owners were aware of the ducks and took care of them for 5 yrs. and we lost touch. Going to take my mind off "problems" and find the pix of the darn ducks. Such a strange way to brighten my day?
Old 08-11-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ann, thats beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
Old 08-11-2007, 08:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks you Ann, I am sitting here with my coffee taking it all in. I don't live near a lake but at my summer place there is a big beautiful pond in my backyard. I love to go out and sit on my swing and watch the ducks and geese and have my morning coffee. When you take in all of that scenery it gives you a sense of serenity.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
let it grow!

just took a walk on my beach, nice....thanks for sharing, k
Old 08-11-2007, 09:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thanks ann, i was not here to share your morning with you but the pictures are so peaceful. i would love to live by the water. i live about 5 miles from the ocean.i love to go there early in the morning before the crowd or in the fall when the tourist are all gone. i feel the peace of the waves. it is so calming. have a great day.hugs,
Old 08-11-2007, 09:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks Ann,

Its good to be reminded of the beauty and joy all around us, especially when our thoughts can turn dark and cloudy. I wish I was sitting next to you on a rock on an island somewhere watching the sunset and the moonrise. I could use that kind of peace and stillness today. BUT since I cannot be where you are, I will seek out my own quiet serene place today.

Hugs

Cats