Need prayers

Old 08-05-2007, 02:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Need prayers

Hi guys I need prayers not for me but for a little boy whose almost 12 and is like a nephew to me.

My abf sister went to visit her husband in jail this weekend with both her sons one is 6 years old and the older one is only 11 turning 12. At the correctional facility they did random drug testing and it turns out that her older son the 11 year old came up postive for ecstasy. They took the test three times to make sure each one was postive. His mom doesnt do drugs and her son is basically always with her unless he visits my sister. His family is thinking it was at my sisters house that he got the drug. I don't know I know my sister smokes weed and thats the only thing thats in that house. But they are thinking someone who went to my sisters house might have sgiven it to him. Maybe.. I just don't know. But I feel so sad for this boy he is so young and has already used a drug. All his uncles including abf has been addicted to drugs and now he used ecstasy. Please pray for this child, pray that if he did use this drug willingly that he doesnt again. Pray that the people around him show him support and show him that he doesn't need a substance in him. I feel so sad for him and his mom too.

Thank you foryour prayers.... and please pray that he opens up about this.

Jewelz
Old 08-05-2007, 03:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

oh,jewelz, i am so sorry. i will say a prayer for him, i will say alot of prayers for him & his family. he is so young, still a baby. i would be asking my sister about this, even if she did lie about it.he could have gotten it from a friend.they are using so much younger today.again i am sorry, & i will pray.hugs,
Old 08-05-2007, 03:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Is it possible that the correctional officers lied about the test? I don't know thats something my abf came up with but for me that seems unlikely. I think regardless someone needs to speak with him.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Someone neds to speak to him. DOes he go to summer camp? SOme kids at my sons camp were arrested for possesion of X (and its at the police athetic league of all places) those kids were about the same age.

SOmeone definately needs to talk to the boy did the correctional officers turn him in to local police or CPS? It seems, unlikely to me that while he was under the influence noone knew or noticed, does he go to a park with friends or anything?
Old 08-05-2007, 03:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sending him some prayers. Seems like kids are using younger and younger. I know up here the biggest problem in the 5th and 6th grades in from huffing inhalants. Hugs, Marle
Old 08-05-2007, 03:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Oh Jewelz........how horrific......such a young age. I'll be keeping this young boy in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Jewelz, How scary and sad. Sending my prayers.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I don' tknow he doesnt go much of anywhere. He does hang out in the hallway and abf buys the crack from the building his nephew lives. i told abf that his nephew does hang out in the hallway who knows maybe one of the dealers or guys from that building gave it to him. He doesn't go to camp... really I can't understand this. Cindi I dont understand either how someone wouldn't notice him on something.

Thank you for your prayers.

Jewel
Old 08-05-2007, 03:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

on jewels how horrible hes so young...............has anyone tried to talk to him and find out how and where he got it? I'm sure they have right?

Keeping you and this young boy in my thoughts!
Old 08-05-2007, 04:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

This happened today so he wasn't able to visit his dad but his mom did and little brother. They arent even home yet its abvout a six hour drive. I'm sure his mom spoke, yelled and cried to him. But a real talk like when they are home... nope not yet. I am afraid that they are just gonna blame my sister's house, not let him go anymore and think that the problem has been solved. Soemone needs to talk to him. I could try but its hard with abf's family.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear that. My prayers going to the boy to tell the truth, to the mom/family, and for you jewelz
Terri
Old 08-05-2007, 06:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That is really terrible. X can cook his little brain. Here are some prayers and ((hugs)). I hope that this gets sorted out and he doesn't use again.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sending prayers for this child.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My prayers go out to the little boy, but I am confused. They random drug test the visitors at this correctional facility? Is this a widespread practice? Is it legal?
Old 08-06-2007, 05:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

dgillz, yes at this correctional facility they do random drug testing on visitors. Thank you all for your prayers.

Jewel
Old 08-06-2007, 07:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I was remembering last night when I was in teh 6th grade the fad was to put , i dont remember, but some hullucinegen in gum and give it to unsuspecting kids. I dont know if its possible thats happening again, maybe someone else would know. I also think x only stay in your system a few days, and the levels of it could tell when he used
Old 08-06-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
let it grow!

prayers out...k
Old 08-06-2007, 08:30 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for this young child. I pray that this does not happen to him again.
Hugs coming to you
Old 08-06-2007, 10:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Well i got more information from my sister. He actually didn't take a drug test but rather he went through a scanner and the scanner pick up on ecstasy residue of (SP) on his clothes.

Last edited by abtchonamission; 08-06-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
grateful rca

oh jewelz, i'm so sorry. i will keep him and all involved in my prayers too. he is so young and its a sad thing, i pray that he opens up too.