I'm officially the 'crazy' neighbor lady now :)

Old 08-03-2007, 10:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks for the laugh--we all need as many as we can get. Sorry it was at your expense but it's a really good story! Sooo glad you are not allergic, it could have been tragic.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
On a tear

A little late now, but my dad used to put tobacco (from his cigarettes) on my stings. I got into a nest once and dad ran out of cigarettes half way through... half my face and one arm swelled something fierce...the other half was "normal".

Do hope you get something that helps with the pain and swelling.... but I do have to excuse myself to go laugh, now.

What a mind show! Thank you for letting us laugh WITH you....

(((hugs)))
Old 08-03-2007, 04:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Oh what a funny visual!
But, then, I must say I hope you are ok with all those bee stings. I know they hurt.
I have heard that smoke is like valium to bees. maybe you should get a smoke bomb and keep it on hand.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

(((OOAL)))

So glad you're okay, but the neighbors sure do have something to talk about now!
Old 08-04-2007, 06:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Out,

Are you telling me this is the FIRST time you've taken your clothes off in the yard?
Gee, I do it all the time down here. Amazing how fast the neighbors leave town.

Glad you survived the attack.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
P.S. I've been the crazy lady in the neighborhood for as along as I can remember, so welcome to the club.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

out,

omg - my daughter was stung by a bunch of yellowjackets (well a few but they can sting numerous times) - the pediatrician had us put ammonia on it - it took away the sting - in hawaii and florida we used this stuff that was more or less ammonia for jellyfish stings - we have a little stick called *itch no more* for insect stings - it's ammonia - maybe that would help - hope you're feeling better - that had to hurt ...

- i was screaming at wasps (or what i thought were wasps) the other day checking on my few pitiful tomato plants - swatting the watering can at them - people must of thought i was nuts - (imagine if we were neighbors - the neighbor had an exterminator come and he told us what they were - *locust killers*? they look like menacing big hornets - he swears there not - their gone for now...

if your bugs come back i've got your back ...

love,
s