new kid on the block

Old 07-24-2007, 02:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new kid on the block

I have been in recovery myself since 11/23/04. However my husband did not follow me on this path. For the past 2 1/2 years he has tried to convince me that he has been able to stay clean without a program and since I can not force into a life of recovery I worked and continue to work my own program and pray he someday makes a choice to do the same. That being said it has been difficult to live with him and all his addict behaviors. I felt I had no right to say anything to him because I was under the impression that he was not using. He never has in front of me and at times when I thought he may have been using I had nothing concrete to basis it on that is until last week.

I found an empty baggie with coke powder in it. He doesn't know I've found it because I have placed it in another bag and dated it and put it away. I felt now was not the time to confront him with it because as of yesterday he has left to go on tour (he is a musician and is contracted by armed forces to play military bases). He will be back in two weeks so I am going to use my time wisely to come up with a plan.

This plan will include an intervention and clear boundaries of what I will and will not live with. It seems so strange to be on the other end of this horrible disease. I hope I will be able to remember to hate the addiction and not the addict.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome Janine, I'm glad you joined us. How hard that must be for you to maintain your own recovery and yet know he is using.

There are more than a few double winners here, so make yourself comfortable and take a read around, especially the "sticky" posts at the top of this forum.

You are among friends here who understand and who have been where you are. We're all walking together on this road of recovery and I'm happy to have you walk with us.

Hugs
Old 07-24-2007, 02:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

WELCOME Janine, there is a lot of reaching out, need, support, understanding and wisdom here. I bet you will offer all three as well.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Janine, You came to a good place. I admire your strength in living with an addict and you being a recoverd one. There are other wives here and girlfriends with the same problems.

Glad to have you here...........Lo
Old 07-24-2007, 06:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Janine, welcome! You sound like you have so many tools already for dealing with this...I'm just sorry that you have to go through it. Have you tried Alanon or Naranon meetings? We have several recovering addicts in my home group and I think they find meetings as beneficiail to them as the experience strength and hope they share with those of us who are not recovering addicts. Hugs.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome to S.R....you are in the right place.read all the sticky,read all the post.i am glad you have joined us & have your f.t.f.meetings. i am a firm believer that without a program an addict can not sty clean.if they work the program it works.keep coming back,keep posting & let us know how u r.prayers for you both,
Old 07-24-2007, 06:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

You have a huge head start in recovery. I am glad you found us.
I am sorry about your husband, but, with the tools you've learned you'll be able to make wise decisions about your future.
Hope to see you here often!
Old 07-24-2007, 07:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Since you are recovered you know exactly what mind tricks addicts play so you won't fall for the shenanigans he may pull.
Here is a ((Hug))) and keep on posting!
Old 07-25-2007, 06:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you, janine. keep posting! blessings, k
Old 07-25-2007, 06:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

welcome to the Sober Recovery family.

Rita