Hanginig in here-my heart is bleeding!!!

Old 07-17-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hanginig in here-my heart is bleeding!!!

I think this is the best place for me and appreciate all your help. I picked the phone up last night and was going to call him Phone was dead-Thank God...Was doing great for 2 days-went to mailbox and saw him driving the trucik down the road. My heart just bleed- I wanted to call him!!! My God, he is out there in his drug fueled world having a great life and here I sit-looking over the remains of what he did not get or steal. Sorry SOB has left me running on a line of credit in my name. Guess it is going to be a long hard road for me=to get over or at leat recover from this mess.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep hangin' in there Momsrainbow - it will get better. You will probably have "triggers" just as our addicts do. We just learn over tome how to deal with them. It won't happen overnight. I wish it could, but you will get better in your own time and feel so much stronger.
The phone being dead was a good sign in my opinion. lol
Hugs to you
Terri
Old 07-17-2007, 03:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Momsrainbow)))
I know how you feel. I wanted to call my addict son so many times because I missed him and couldn't understand how he did what he did to me. It took me awhile to let go. I went to Nar-anon meetings & I still go every week. They helps so much since everyone there knows what you feel and can relate. Please go to meetings if there are no Nar-Anon meetings go to Al-Anon meetings. You will get much need support. Hugs coming your way. Take it one minute at a time and than one day at a time will come.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

It really does get better the longer you're not having to live directly in the chaos. With them out of the house, we get a little peace.
And, don't think they're "livin it up" either. They're miserable and headed for a fall. I believe they know it too. Take care of your self and your finances. Things will improve for you.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((((momsrainbow)))) believe me where i say he is not having a great life.all of this is going to catch up with him & back to prison he'll go.he will pay for ever thing he has done to you.you will get stronger as time goes on & you work this program.God was doing his thing when the phone was dead.stay strong. praying for you both.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry you are hurting moms, i'm a recovering addict too, and i can assure you that he is not having a good time. being in active addiction is a very painful and lonely way of life, and it does not get better until the addict make a decision to seek some kind of recovery. i agree with the others, it can and will get better for you, try to keep the focus on you and what you need to do for you. keeping you and yours in my prayers. have you gone to any meetings yet?
Old 07-17-2007, 05:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I'm sorry you feel so bad, but it really will get better.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know your pain. I have been there many times. I didn't know if my daughter was dead of alive for 4 months once, 3 another time, on her 23'rd birthday I got myself some flowers. Many times I wanted to go find her (rescue her) but I didn't. I did that enough the first few years. I finally learned it is her choice, not mine. Most of all, it is not our fault!!!! That is the hardest to believe for me. You and your son are in my prayers. You are not alone,
susan
Old 07-18-2007, 03:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

WE HOPE THAT THEY RECOVER BUT WE ONLY HAVE TO POWER TO RECOVER OURSELVES. I wish you peace as you learn just how to go about that. Gather your friends around. Get out and do things. Last night I went for a walk on the pier with a friend. I joined an inexpensive "Boot Camp" fitness camp that meets three mornings a week at the harbor park. It is the little things that are making me happy. Do you have some little things you can do that will remind you of the joy that is possible?