The Lawyer Saga...

Old 07-07-2007, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Lawyer Saga...

Hi Everyone,

I guess I have to find myself a knew Lawyer, this clown is the clown of clown's.
A few months back a wrote to the Legal Aid Society regarding the treatment I have recieved from the lawyer I am dealing with. They called me back and wrote me a letter saying that they are very concerned with this. They wrote him a letter as well and asked him to reply back to about 20 issues, as well that they wanted copies of all documents he has filed in court on my behave and any documents that he has prepared and not filed, if and when he has served my husband with the amended documents or if not WHY! They gave him 30 days to repond to all of this and he did nothing, not one word back. They said by him doing this (not doing) only backs up my complaints about him.

So now they are attempting again but he is going to be suspended from any Legal Aid involment or funding until he replies and he is only going to have 5 days to get his act together. If still nothing they are handing it over to the Law Society, but first they have to take these steps before they do so. They told me that for a Lawyer to be reported to Law Society is not a place he wants to go.

To tell you the truth I do not want this man representing me in court, but I have to have someway of getting all my information out of his office to give to another lawyer...he has everything and stupid enough of me I don't have copies of anything I gave him...banking, pictures, oh god everything...

Rose
Old 07-07-2007, 03:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

You can get the copies, right? He can be in a lot of trouble for misrepresenting his client!
Keep your head high, this will work itself out.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

sorry about all of this,you do not need this stress with all the other stuff.get you a new lawyer & let him deal with getting your infomation back.hugs,hope
Old 07-07-2007, 04:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Unresponsive service professionals are just the worst. Really bad.

You should be able to get all the things sent to him. Fact is, if your new lawyer doesn't get them, I would be very surprised.

The bad part of all this is stressing over it. today is Saturday. Tomorrow is Sunday. Nothing is going to happen either of those days. Put on a shelf in your mind until Monday.

(((((Rose)))))
Old 07-07-2007, 06:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((Rose)))

I second Elana. Nothin' you can do about it today. Don't worry and stress over it.

Love,
Linda
Old 07-07-2007, 10:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

I, personally, would go to the lawyer's office and request that they return all of my documents to me. Maybe call them ahead of time, and tell them what time you will be there to pick them up. Otherwise you might be sitting and waiting.

I work in a lawyer's office and I know we can't always stop what we're doing to help the person who just walks in unannounced.

Prayers that it will all work out,
Hangin' In
Old 07-07-2007, 10:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have made requests to get my documents with no avail...part of the reason I had to take this futher and get some help. I first started with him December 2005 and he has done nothing but promise promise, the last appointment I had with him in the beginning of May he did not even take me into his office, he just came out into the waiting room and told me we have a court date for May 22, should anything change he would give me a call, I called the office the week prior to make sure it was still a go as I need to ask for the day of work, he secertary would not say yes or no, only that she would have him call me, but I was still on the appointment book for the 22. He never returned my call.

Rose
Old 07-08-2007, 04:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

rose,

I'd get my new lawyer to be in charge of obtaining those records. Short of that I"d be contacting someone in family services to help me. I am indeed sorry that you have had to deal with this. When you get everything back immediately make copies and begin a file just for yourself and DOCUMENT everything ........time and date. That is so important. my best, dixie
Old 07-08-2007, 10:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was appoved for Legal Aid Services, so he bills Legal Aid. The Lady from Legal Aid that I am working with is a Lawyer as well. I don't know what he has billed for, but I would imagine they are looking into this as well, part of the reason I guess is why they are trying to get filed and unfiled documents he has done. I don't think there are any unfiled documents, he hasn't done anything. When he served my ah with papers he seemed to have missed one big step...Asking for a Divorce! The Judge told him he had to redo the procedure and re-serve him again, he could not proceed to divide our assets up without a divorce! This was back in Febuary, I still do not know to this day if he has done any of this.

Rose
Old 07-08-2007, 11:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Keep in touch with his "supervisor". Be the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.
I know that in my state legal aid services are stretched way too thin with too little staff...So keep your case at the top of the paperwork shuffle. Be courteous and very persistent.

Sounds to me like he is risking losing his license to practice law.
By keeping this on the front burner, not only are you taking care of yourself but likely others who are being similarly "stiffed" and are too timid, trusting or lack confidence to report this gross negligence. Many people are very intimidated by lawyers and court. Myself, I was just too darned naive.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It is not my intention to see him loose his licence, I just want this over and done with...my guess that being I am on Legal Aid he keeps shuffling me to the back and probably not to interested...I am a waste of his time.

I did make a call to the office he left in the beginning of the year to start his own practice, a lady from that office told me that they have had several calls back to them because of him and doing pretty much the same to me as others...

Rose
Old 07-08-2007, 08:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
On a tear

If he is doing it to you, Rose, he is doing it to others too. Perhaps by being the "squeeky wheel", you will be saving someone else the problem as well. ((hugs)) Hang in there.