Hi, nice to meet all of you

Old 07-05-2007, 11:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Hi, nice to meet all of you

Hi,
I'm new to the board...although I will have to admit I've been readiing it for awhile...*s*. My 28 year old daughter is the addict in my life, her drug is crack. She lives in Florida and I live in Maine. I spent months and months worried sick, unable to function myself due to the worry. I've been to Florida to rescue her, brought her here to save her, watched her go to jail, lose custody of her son...and finally after doing every single thing I could think of...finally I gave up and gave it to God...it's too big of a problem for me. Took me many many months to figure out, I had absolutely no control over her or her drug...I truly thought I could love her into wellness...well guess what that doesn't work either...so now I am at the point that I've seeked out help for me and I am starting to feel my life coming back together...

I do love her dearly, but I've learned to say no..not I will not put my house up for your bail...no I will not fly to Florida to come and get you just to have you hide from me...lots of no's..the first ones were the hardest but the rest are coming quite easily..

Now I focus on myself, my family that resides in my home and my grandson and my x-son in law...

Its nice to meet all of you, hope everyone is having a wonderful summer.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome Envision.
Its nice to meet you as well.
I have no doubt that you'll fit in just great here...with a lot to share.
I have to tell you you are WAY closer to where we want to be than I was when I arrived.
I'm glad to see you will be traveling with us
(((Hugs)))
Cece
Old 07-05-2007, 11:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Welcome to our wonderful family,

Glad you are seeking help for you.

Don't give before the miracles happen in you - You are worth it.

Wishing you Serenity & Joy,
Rita
Old 07-05-2007, 12:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, nice to meet you too. They are alot of great people here. My addict is my 22 year old son. He has been clean for 2 months now, but we are taking it day to day.

You and your daughter are in my prayers.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
let it grow!

welcome! keep posting, k

mom hugs to you..

k
Old 07-05-2007, 01:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome my addict is my 20yo son. this is a great board with lots of people to support "you"
Old 07-05-2007, 01:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi envision, welcome to SR, you are among friends here.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

Envision...
Welcome to SR!! My addict is my 30 year old daughter. I discovered my daughter's addiction 1 year ago, and since that time, we have reached levels that I could not believe I would ever see. She lost custody of her son to me, she lost her job (she was an RN), lost her apt, was homeless, and hooking for money for her habit.

I know the depths of despair you are feeling and the helplessness and hopelessness. I'm sooo glad you've found us. This site saved my life, and continues today to keep me sane.

My daughter is taking baby steps to recovery now. So every day I now awaken with a little hope, (don't want to get toooo excited)

More will be along shortly to welcome you to our family. It helps to read the sticky's on the top of the forums and to get educated about addiction, as we so want to save them and just help them to get on their feet that we overdo things.

Again welcome to SR!!

Old 07-05-2007, 01:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Envision. I really like your screen name. It speaks alot about you. Also from your post you and well on your way to a good recovery for your self. Welcome to SR.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

welcome (((envision)))

Glad you found us!
Old 07-05-2007, 02:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

envision, welcome. You sound like you have been working on recovery for awhile, you are way ahead of where I was when I found this board. I am the mother of a 21 year old herion addict. She has been clean this time for just over 60 days. So far so good, we'll see how she does. Like you say, let go & let God. I look forward to seeing you around here, there are lots of great people here. (((hugs)))
Old 07-05-2007, 02:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Glad that you finally posted Envision. There are lots of parents here, myself included.
Addiction is truly baffling + cunning as you know. Your attitude and message here are attractive because you understand how powerless we are over our adult children and you are trying positive steps toward peace of mind. Some days I am capable of that and others I get that over-riding feeling of loss and sadness. I hope you continue to post and share your ESH , experience , strength + hope
Old 07-05-2007, 03:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

happy to meet you too, envision.we all love our children.the addict in my life is my son.his d.o.c. is also crack.i am so glad you found us.this site is a true sanity saver.i knew nothing before i came here.i had lost everything trying to fix him. i thought i was the only mom with an addict child.keep reading & keep coming back.prayers for you & your daughter.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((Envision)))))))

If you've been readin' awile, ya know me. lol
Glad your here. You sound good and strong in your recovery.
This is a great place and I'm sure we'll become great friends.
Share often.
Praying for you family and your daughter.
Linda
Old 07-05-2007, 04:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome Envision! Sounds like you are doing rather well in your own recovery. There are lots of super folks here on this board. Keep on reading and posting!
Old 07-05-2007, 07:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!! Sorry you are in a situation to seek out SR, but very glad you can share your story and experience with all of us.

lots of no's..the first ones were the hardest but the rest are coming quite easily..
This is something I wished I learned earlier in life...The world doesn't fall apart and our kids don't collapse when we say no. Hugs
Old 07-05-2007, 07:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Oh, my kids had always hoped I would put my money, and everything I had up for bail. HA!
I let go too. And, I still have my money!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 01:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well, my father is an alcoholic. I love him dearly and he has never asked for money but the drunk phone calls and his visits clouded by a lot of drinking were too much for me. I am in recovery myself and am also a codie.

I'm sure you will find some awesome support here.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:27 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks a bunch for the welcome...I've been reading here on other sites...kinda trying to find a place that feels like home...think I found it!! *smiles*