I am so tired

Old 06-19-2007, 10:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

hey jewelz - sending some big (((hugs)) - i've had those times too when everything goes wrong no matter what you do. really though, try to get some time just for you, and have a good cry, rent the movies that bookmiser is talking about, that oughta do it. you're gonna be ok - we're here for you. p.s. i'm dying for a day trip into the city so if you wanna get together just say the word and i'm there!!
Old 06-19-2007, 10:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

Okay, here goes...

Welcome to Lindavision. I'm your host, uh...Linda. lol
First up-sob stories other than my own.
These are not in any particular order, mind you. Just a few of my favorites and why.
I just noticed something. There's death in all these movies. Death, I guess, makes everyone sad. How sad is that?

1.The Notebook-you got it, heartbreak and death. (spouse)
2. Terms of Endearment-yep! more heartbreak and death. (child)
3. Life As A House-uplifting death. (dad)
4. Philadelphia-inspiring death. (lover, son, friend, brother, co-worker. He's everyone wrapped into one. That's why, I'd have to say, this one is my all-time favorite)

Now, for a really big shewwwww....laughs by the barrelful. Rated by how often I peed myself.

1. The Birdcage- semi-pee
2. Meet The Parents-light tinkle pee
3. Ace Ventura:Pet Detective-burst of pee
4. Nothing To Lose-steady flow of pee. all the way through it. lol
This was, by far, the all-time favorite. See this film. A+

Love ya, Jewelz.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

You know something I just love you guys... I am not just saying that I truly mean that. I have been feeling so overwhelmed and lost to where to go what to do, or even who to talk to. I know you all know how hard it is when dealing with active addiction but for me its just life in general and on top of the addiction.. I am feeling overwhelmed.

I was supposed to do laundry today.. thats not happening. I am going to go home, feed my daughter dinner and just lay down to relax.

Bookmiser, I just want to say you made me laugh with your movie suggestions. Netflix actually sent me Affair to remember today that movie could make me cry... bawl my eyes out. I am going to add some of the movies you mentioned in a bit so they could send it to me.

I feel a little better, the work day is almost over... thank you

Hugs,
jewel
Old 06-19-2007, 08:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
~Amanda~

Jewels

I am so good with naming good movies that will get your "cry on" as bookmiser puts it lol.....

Movies that will make you cry:

1. Armageddon - Bruse Willis is a hottie...but dies
2. Step Mom - mother has cancer very sad

Movies that will make you laugh.

1. Napolean Dyaomite - only if your into stupid humor.
2. Without A Paddle- so funny
3. Forty Year Old Virgin - Very funny

dont watch to much of the sad movies if you can tell...
Old 06-19-2007, 09:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ahhhh Jewelz, i missed htis earlier...I hope you had your box of tissues and a good crying flick and are now sound asleep.

You do have so much going on...Just remember that you are one wonderful, loving, bright, sweet lady and with the help of your HP you'll get throguh all the stuff life throws at you. Some days it is easy to laugh at it, others are tougher. I'm glad you have osme vacation time coming.

I try to get out every day for a walk at lunch...That time all to myself helps me regroup when things are overwhelming. I remind myself that Just for Today talks about a quiet half hour all to myself. We all deserve to make the room for that...even if it has to be getting up a half hour early before the kids.

Oh...and the crying thing...I really believe that I become numb and it took awhile to defrost. But once I did, the tears flowed and the emotions resurfaced.

Sending lots of hugs and prayers.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Oh how I wish we could just go hang out somewhere for a weekend...

Rose
Old 06-20-2007, 07:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
turning red!

((Jewel))

Sorry darling you're feeling low. Sometimes when something bad happens, it seems it just get worse and worse and worse, until one day: sunshine! (i know, that's totally cliche, but so true!)
Hopefully those 2 weeks will pass quickly and you will be able to take your well deserved break.

Hugs xx
Carine
Old 06-20-2007, 09:52 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Jewelz, I wish I could take you with me to my summer place in the country. When I can't get away, I try to do something fun for myself. I know a good cry is a release, but sometimes I can't cry..........I'm just emotionless and don't have any feelings. I agree with the sad movie trick, just might get those tears flowing.

Hugs coming your way............Lo