Confessions of a Duck Loving Codie

Old 06-18-2007, 11:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
To Life!

There's a duck pond on my way home. Ducks, geese and an occassional swan.
Coming home the other day, the geese where walking their young across the street. I stopped to let them pass. I thought it was so cute that the mama, (or papa -- not sure, honestly), was pushing them along, making them go straight and fast, by using their beeks! LOL!

Shalom!
Old 06-19-2007, 02:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We have geese too (now THERE is a poop problem). I don't encourage them to come the lawn side of the fence, but they bring their babies along the shore and they really are adorable.

It's interesting in the evening to watch the families out for a swim and then everyone herding their young toward where they spend the night. There is a little sand island just offshore and many birds stay there because it's safe from animals, but when a storm comes they head to land and hide out until it passes.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think it's codie displacement, Moose, we can't control our kids but we sure want to protect the animals.
Wow we figured the key to why I have so many pets, but I suppose I dont control them well wither as Templetons still hiding under my bathroom cabinet, when I call him he peeks his nose out in response and the turns around