There's no place like home?????

Old 05-24-2007, 04:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Cool There's no place like home?????

The good news?? My daughter is now 3 cm dialated and the doctor said she could have the baby at any time. We're so ready and I've been ordered to be in the delivery room with her because she'll need someone's hand to squish after her boyfriend passes out on the floor.

The rest of the news........OMG.......where do I begin??? I had to get rid of the other pug.......he wouldn't leave poor roxy alone and she was so depressed and exhausted from the whole ordeal. My mother threw a complete fit at the fact I would even consider finding this dog a good home because she already had someone else in mind and her way is the only way.......so I lied and told her I still have the damn thing to shut her up. One of these days I'll start sticking up for myself when it comes to her. Honestly the dog is in a loving home where he is well taken care of and has the best of everything. I don't know why my mother insists on thinking I can't do anything right still.........ugh.

I've missed work all week because my car has been having some sort of mechanical melt down since hitting Florida soil. I tried to go in today and the stupid POS lost all power and died. Good thing I didn't make it out of town or I'd really be in trouble........so, I'm broke.......flat butt broke.......sitting here borrowing a friend's computer who has dial up and a moniter that keeps winking at me.......it's about to blow I think. I still have my health right??? I'm so frustrated.

My mechanic's name is "drunk Mike" because the only time you will catch him not snockered is before 11am. He'll be fixing the stupid car all weekend. He lives right across the street from my exabf's cousin..........and I've been spotted. I'm ok, but the ex did come up to me and we talked for a bit. He looks good. I hardly recognized him. He's put some weight back on, clean cut.......really different from when I last saw him. He's been clean for over 6 months now. He told me he never wants me to be afraid of him again, that he won't harass me, that he's still in love with me and if that means letting me go, then he will. He told me if I ever needed ANYTHING at all to please not hesitate to ask him. He says he owes me that much and more. Hmmmmmmmmmm............I need some money lol..........Ok......I won't actually do it, but I have to be honest, the thought crossed this aggrevated mind.

I told Noah last night that my conversation with the ex was sort of freeing.......in a way. I stopped wanting an explaination or an apology a long time ago......there was no need for one once I found my own recovery. But, I got the apology anyways and his explaination although not asked for was "I honestly don't know Kris, but I can tell you it wasn't anyone's fault but my own and now I'm having to deal with the pain I caused everyone I loved." Wow........maybe he's seen the light. Maybe his cousin coached him into behaving nicely.......only time will tell. I can tell you though I didn't give him anything to cling onto if you know what I mean. I told him I was proud of him and all I ever wanted for him was sobriety.

The important thing is I'm safe and I'm ok.........haven't COMPLETELY lost my mind yet in all this. I have lost 5 pounds though. What a way to do it though......I just keep going and going and going. Gosh I miss my DSL...........it's true......you don't know what you've got till it's gone. It's the little pleasures in life that mean so much.

I'm going to try to read and catch up while I can........or until this computer moniter has taken it's last wink. Sending my love to you all and I hope this post finds you all in a better place.
Hugs
Kris
Old 05-24-2007, 04:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Hey girl! Good to hear from ya! I don't know if you saw it, but I got a dog finally too!

Let us know when the baby comes (if she doesn't break all your fingers in the big squeeze!)!

Sorry you are flat butt broke.. at least you have Roxy and your family (even tho family cam crive you up the willy wall!). This too wil pass.. but you know that.

I am glad to hear your XABF is doing well. That is always good news!

I have been missing you here!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 05:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Kris!!

How exciting! I can't wait to hear all about the blessed event! Sending prayers for a quick and easy recovery and hoping that your fingers survive the ordeal! You're gonna have a heck of a time posting with broken fingers DSL or not!

Kris is gonna be a grandma!
Kris is gonna be a grandma!
Kris is gonna be a grandma!!
(and a sexy, skinny one at that!!)

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Keep us posted grannie!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 05:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Are you in Okeechobee or am I confused? I am in Sebring. I owe you a dinner out.

live
Old 05-24-2007, 05:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liveweyerd View Post
Are you in Okeechobee or am I confused? I am in Sebring. I owe you a dinner out.

live
Hey live!! Haven't seen you here in a while! I'm back in Okeechobee.......was in Texas.......but my daughter decided to make me a grrrr.....graaaaa......GRANDMA!! Oh.......hush my mouth!!!!!!! I had her believing it was illegal to make me a grandmother till I was at least 55 up until she was like 16. Sigh.......those were the days. Sebring hospital is where she's having the baby actually. You're practically in my back yard. Now how neat is that??

Elana.......you got your dog?? How wonderful!! They're such great company. Congratulations!!

Out........shhhhhhhhhh,.........lets keep this whole grannie thing under our hats. lol I'm still young enough to me the baby's momma........heehee.......well, sort of......ok.......wishful thinking on my part. Oh......who am I kidding. I'm estatic.....if that's a word........or if I even spelled it correctly!!
Old 05-24-2007, 05:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am not called grandma, I am mema. It's joyous really...my second one will be here in July. Sent you my phone number....I can come to Okeechobee if you feel like it.

live
Old 05-24-2007, 06:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey I wanna come down too, I need a reason to get out of this place.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
Hey I wanna come down too, I need a reason to get out of this place.
You should come Cindi........and come pick me up lol.........we'll have a ladies night out.......oh what the heck.......a ladies weekend out. Maybe I'll regain my sanity over some coctails and steak. Still.......keeping my fingers crossed that my wheels will be road ready by Monday!!
Old 05-24-2007, 06:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

What the hell I'm not working either ROAD TRIP. Loves I went in with my sister when she had her first child. I saw thing I never want to see again. Her husband was standing behind her and she reached up and grabed him by his nipples and literaly picked him up off the floor!!!! Screamed something from the exorcist. At that point I stepped away from the crazy lady. Her hands were full she didnt need my hand to hold!!! This could explain why I got a cat and NO kids!!
Old 05-24-2007, 07:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The first is the worst. I recommend ummm, suddenly I forgot the name of it, but that shot that numbs everything for her first. I had my third natural, awesome experience, but with the third he came quick, too what a blessing
Old 05-24-2007, 07:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The speed I'm going?
Did I mention dial up sux?? Sorry.............I'm greatful I can even have access to a computer today at all since I couldn't make it into work.......again......good thing I have this free lance thing going on lol.

My daughter has a high tolerance for pain thank goodness. I had to leave the room when she got her ears pierced so we'll have to see who passes out first.......me or the boyfriend. Either way.........that kid is going to be so loved!!!!!!!.........and just when I was sort of wanting another baby....... You know......that whole empty nest thing.......
Old 05-24-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That was hilarious PT!!!! Ya know......I'm trying to hit the thank you button, but I'm moving at slug speed..............ugh.........I'MA COMIN GUYS.......WAIT UP!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 07:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Loves I agree with u that dial up totally sucks I hate it but if I had to I would use dial up in an emergency situation like your in. That really sucks about the car at least u made it into florida b4 it crapped the bed. Well I gotta run and get smokes. Funny that will get me up and moving. What ANOTHER child enjoy the grandkid at least u can leave when they start crying and pooping and peing u can be like see ya later. When its yours not so easy to say see you later........
Old 05-24-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yes epidural. Haha, see my brains not working with this headache.
When I delivered number 3 and I was at 9 centimeters I was screaming bring me an epidural. Lol. Delivery you feel relief contractions before hand yuck!!!

We are waiting up Loves...
Old 05-24-2007, 07:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My oldest was induced so I was afraid I wouldn't know when I went into labor with the 2nd. Then the second was set a date to be induced.......hmmmm......it must be nice in there or something because neither one of my daughters wanted to come out. Anyways, the morning of the scheduled inducement......(it's a word now), I got up with a craving for a chocolate pop tart and BAM!!!!!! I knew........oh Lord did I know. I was in labor for 12 long hours with contractions at a minute apart. There was no relief for me. After 12 hours they decided to do a C-section........hmmmmm.........ya think??? Morons.........anyways my 2nd was almost 10 pounds!!!!! So, I'm having an afterthought..........no more babies for me. That last one left me looking like something from the exorsist. It took the nurse 3 hours to brush my matted hair out. lol
Old 05-24-2007, 07:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

ALl my kids were 8 pounds and I was 100 in those days. Usually smallest mom, largest kid in the nursury.
My first two were induced and epidural, I didnt know what a contraction was, no kidding. My third went to drs and he said wow, your 6 cm, go home have lunch and meet me at the hospital adn Ill break your water. I said okay. First hour after water broke nothing, no contractions I said piece of cake, are you gonna induce? He said sure when I make my round in another hour, first I want you to go walk around the floor, doa few laps. I said okay, hubby and I got about half way around floor and that was it. I fell to the floor, I went from no contractions to 30 seconds long 40 seconds apart, AH had to carry me back screaming.

Awesome thing about natural is they were still cleaning him and I felt great, not tired, no pain they wanted me too hold him and all I could think about is I wanted a cheese burger
Old 05-24-2007, 07:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Loves and Live, is the watering hole the restauran t with the large alligator inside?
Old 05-24-2007, 07:44 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
Loves and Live, is the watering hole the restauran t with the large alligator inside?
I've never been inside...........It's been a while since I've driven past it. I know it's a pretty popular place in sebring.......off the main highway there........oh gawd.....now I have to remember the dang highway............28? 78?? If I had DSL i'd find it for you in a jiffy........but lol......you'll have to give me like an hour
Old 05-24-2007, 07:51 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Is it 27? I just asked my boss how far Sebring was and he said if you head inland frst its only barely 2 hours, then he started telling me about this restaurant with a huge sign worlds largest captive alligator and how its in the restaurant and kids are hanging over, said If I go I have to stop and see it. Then he said he thinks the name is the watering hole.

LOL

(Im mapquesting)
Old 05-24-2007, 07:51 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Shes probably still replying to the first msg. lol. We will wait up loves. Now what is the grandbabys name again? I saw pics of your daughter on myspace boy she looks like shes ready to just pop!!! Is she all ready everything set up and ready to go? I hope so I hope everything goes good during the delivery.