New here

Old 05-23-2007, 09:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GFC

New here

I'm new here to the site and just wanted to introduce myself. I just found out this week that my AW of nearly 8 years relapsed after 3 years of recovery. My job keeps me away from her for long periods of time and from the looks of things this has been going on for months.

Just reading some of the posts here so far has helped me out a lot seeing that others really do know how I feel and what I have been going through. It is also wonderful to see how everybody is so supportive of each other here. Thank you all for being here for us who are trying to work ourselves through this and are looking for people who understand.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, GFC! I am sorry that your circumstances brought you here, but I am happy you found us.This site was a valued outlet and source of information for my recovery and role in my AS's addiction and recovery. Please do keep reading and posting.

Again, welcome. I hope you learn as much here as your post has already given back to us.

Best regards,

CIM
Old 05-23-2007, 10:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Sorry that you have a reason to be here. This place is a wonderful place to vent, or find prayers and support. I'm here because my brother and husband are both addicts (husband is currently not using). Everyone on this site has helped to pick me up at my lowest moments and find a calm in my life that wasn't there before and I hope that they can do the same for you.
Keep reading and posting.
Sending you big hugs,
CBS
Old 05-24-2007, 03:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome GFC,
Just wanted to "echo" the others and say we have all been there or are there now and you are not alone. So sorry about your wife.......has she at least admitted she is/has been using? Prayers for you!!
Old 05-24-2007, 03:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome from me too, GFC, I'm glad you found us. I'm sorry about your wife, it's never easy to discover these things even when we've been through it all before.

Stick around and read some more, particularly the "sticky" threads at the top of this forum. Are there meetings in your area? Naranon, Alanon and CoDA are 3 similar programs that have helped many of us learn to take good care of ourselves.

Hugs
Old 05-24-2007, 04:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. THere are lots of good people here who will answer your questions as best we can. I am sure that being away from home due to your job with this going on in your life can create lots of anxiety. I hope you can sort things out and learn to let go of what you can't control. No matter what, protect yourself in every way: physically, mentally, and financially.
(((HUGS)))
Old 05-24-2007, 04:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

GFC...

Welcome to SR.

This place has been an absolute God-send for me. I came here looking for ways to help my exah and found something even better...a way to help ME find some sense of peace and happiness in my life.

I'm so glad you found us...and I really hope you can stick around and let us get to know you better. The support is awesome. We really are alot like family...we have our little tiffs once in a while but I think the love and support found here are genuine and oh so priceless!!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

welcome g.f.c., you have found the right place. my addict is my son.keep coming back, lots of help here.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

welcome GFC. So glad you found your way here.
I love this place because I find so much help and encouragement.
Keep coming back and posting.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Adding my welcome. My addict is my 21 year old daughter. Lots of experience, hope and strength here. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-24-2007, 04:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome also. My addict is my son. Find this forum is the best thing I've ever done, since finding out my son is an addict. There is alot of useful info and stickies at the top of the page. I'm sure you've already checked it out. Prayers to you and your wife.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

GFC-The power of collective thought is truly amazing.
the only way to bear addiction is together Welcome. We give ea. other hope, strength and lessons. The good the bad and the ugly is all here.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome. My addict is currently in a crisis unit after being baker acted. She is my daughter and is 28 years old. I lost my fiancee 11 weeks ago from an overdose. We do understand. You will find understanding, good advice, and a good ear. Marian
Old 05-24-2007, 09:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
trying to mend

Welcome GFC. Ditto all of the comments above. SR is a place where everyone understands. I am sorry that pain brought you here, but happy that you found a place that will help you ease some of that pain. My prayers are with you and your wife.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Adding my welcome...I hope you will stick around. We learn from each other, support each other through the difficult times and even share some laughter, hope and joy. Prayers for you and your wife.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome GFC, My daughter is the addict in my life. She will be 26 on Memorial Day.
She is a beautiful, wonderful person when she is not actively using. She has brought me some of my happiest moments and some of my worst moments. I will never give up hope for her recovery.

I'm sorry that you have to come to a site like this, but I can tell you that it helps me to get through many of my rough days.
Hugs to you and your wife...........Lo