Anyone watch TV Junkie on HBO?

Old 03-18-2007, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone watch TV Junkie on HBO?

It was a documentary on a reporter who had a GREAT career good family, nice wife money everything. It was when he was doing a report on drugs and drugs busts with cops that he was introduced to crack. He made video diaries of his use his family everything. He would smoke crack sit there and say he cant believe he did it again. Sad. Then he would be video taping at home and pick a fight with his wife and then say she made me use. Funny the whole time he was using it was EVERYONE's fault but his. His wife was on hell of a woman but did leave him after trying for so long. He lost ALL his money, job, wife, kids in the end. Even went to kill his dad when he refused to give him any more $. The end of the story is he finally got clean and has stayed clean. Watch it if you can, hard to watch.

I thought of all of the people on this board who are with crack addicts and I could almost from my own experience say what he was going to do next and it wouldnt be his fault. You could watch him pick a fight with his wife so he could leave, the mood swings everything. SO it might be hard to watch if your living that nightmare right now. You could see the addict side and the wifes side. The addict wanting to quit the addict wanting to use. Good documentary with a happy ending.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
President

I haven't seen that one. There's been a whole bunch of shows about addiction on in the passed couple of weeks. They all seem really interesting. I'll have to keep my eyes open for this one!
Old 03-18-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What was the name of it?
As hard as it would be and as sick as it would make me, I feel like I have to watch it - still getting a perspective on things and doing that "hindsight is 20/20" thing...I learn from these types of airings.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

kj, I DVR'd some of these. I have this one recorded but havn't watched it yet. So far I watched the 1 1/2 first one then a 30 min one. I didn't record these right away cuz I was affraid they would be like the show intervention. That is sometimes to graffic for me. Thinking of my daughter like that just haunts me. But wow, these addiction shows are very informative. I wish I could get the dvr to automaticly record them, but since I missed the first run shows, I can't seem to get it to record automaticaly. There are some very interesting perspectives from the scientists.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I am going to look it up now to see when it comes on I havent heard of this one.

thanks,
jewel
Old 03-19-2007, 06:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I just set it to my DVR.
I remember when I was 15 there was an HBO America Undercover that I saw.
It was called Crack USA. It was filmed in WPB, FL where I grew up. It was all teenage crack addicts. Little did I know that a few years later I would meet almost every single person in that Documentary. One being a boyfriend. It's sad because I sat there watching and listening to them and I was like what losers..I'm never gonna do that. Yea I ended up doing it right with them a few years later.
I have tried to find it but HBO doesnt even have it.