Did I handle it right?

Old 08-01-2006, 10:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jazzman
Good book.
You order that on the joint credit card?

LOL!!!

sorry, funky mood today

Very funny Jazz LOL!
Old 08-01-2006, 10:45 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Wow! Thanks for the replies. I especially like the "oh really?" comments. Love the responses .... I know these aren't dreams.. he'd of never gone 3 nights in a row w/out harassing me about it. Give me a break.

Thanks for the support..... Keep em coming guys!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well try that. When he explains his dreams just say, "oh really?" he'll talk more, say, "hhhhmmmmm." he talk more and say, "oh." when he freaks out at your unengaged attitude, just say "fascinating!" LMAO.

ok, ok, you shouldn't do that, I'm just in a condescending mood today and if I hear another story of one of my ah's "bad dreams", my eyes will cross forever.

it makes my brain bleed and my eyes squint.

ayers, I understand you wanting to get your ducks in a row.....go see a lawyer, empower yourself in every way you can. You shouldn't feel guilty about having a plan and seeing a lawyer is part of a plan. If you don't feel guilty about setting money aside, you shouldn't feel guilt about seeing a lawyer.

his "You're going to leave me after I get paid" is as much manipulation as anything else. He controls you so you feel you don't have a choice.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

when he freaks out at your unengaged attitude, just say "fascinating!" LMAO.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm having too much fun today with all this. Ayers, it's kinda empowering to not engage in all their stuff.....it really is. It also keeps you from feeling guilt.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I will do my best to not feel guilty. It is all about his controlling and guilt tactics. I am trying to learn... See sometimes an old dog can learn new tricks... I'm glad you sound so good today Sunshine...

I will do better too....
Old 01-23-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I need to get the book. My AH has been hospitalized twice this year. Before the first time, life was HORRIBLE! We argued about everything! My problem was his drinking and behaviors while drinking. His problem with me was nagging, being a b@#ch and not wanting to have fun! I had many roles while he drank-Mom, wife, chauffeur, babysitter (for him mostly), the person finding all the things he lost throughput the day, etc. When we would argue, I would sum everything up for him. Alcohol! Things wouldget broken, words said, names called, etc. He was then sober for , I know for sure 1 month, relapsed and this time I decided I would not argue. He'd say "now we're fighting?" And I'd say "nope I'm not fighting anymore". This time I focused on me and the kids. I knew he'd end up in the hospital again. This time he has liver and heart issues along with gastrointestinal issues. The docc said if he drinks ever again hewould be killing himself. We'll see how that goes.