He says he won't make it without me...

Old 07-05-2006, 06:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

dazd here, heard the same thing this a.m. it really hurts when they pull at your heart like that, but i think they know that and its there only way of sucking you back in. "he made it before me, he'll make it w/o me if he chooses." i cant decide for him, and maybe if the A in our life do lean on us they will never make it, thats what ive talked myself into today... i feel for you, in the same boat.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The common thread "the I can't make it without you". I have had no contact with my exbf since his drug binge and me needing to obtain a restraining order. He has never been physcial at all, it was all verbal and he was so out of it, I did it more for his well being then mine. He went to jail for 12 days, doesn't remember saying those horriable threats, put himself in a rehab for 28 days, and now has chosen to go into another treatment facility in another state. He talks to a friend of mine and it's the same, he will do whatever it takes to make things right with us again. He can't live his life without me. I agreed to talk with him along with a counselor when he completes this other program. We'll see, by then it will be close to 90 days of NC and I will take it one day at a time. I really don't know if he is going through this just for the sake of talking to me or not, I figure if he leaves there early, he's not serious, if he completes it, maybe he'll have a better recovery. Only time will tell. But there are answers I want from him when we sit down and talk, he already is expecting me to blast him. He wants me to lift the restraining order so we can talk, I think I could go to a counselor with him present and restraining order in place, and talk without lifting the order, can't I?