Canned, F-ing Wonderful!!!

Old 06-29-2006, 08:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Followtheyellowbrickroad

Do file for unemployment, you may qualify. I know I did when I was let go of my job. Keep your chin up girl, HP has something in mind for you! ((((HUGS))))
Old 06-30-2006, 09:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

[QUOTE] He offered me a place to stay w/him and his roommate if things get too tough. I thanked him and believe it or not, at this point it is comforting that I'm not "totally thrown out to the dogs." I will do everything in my power to survive this ALL MY OWN THO.[QUOTE]

i understand exactly what you are saying there....im so glad that he had compassion for you and made the offer.........and more glad you are trying so hard on your own!!
i lost a job one time when i was single,and my kids were young.i cried and cried,took off in my car for hours........but ya know what,the next one was a great one!!!! hang in there.......if theres a will,theres a way.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Of course you'll be eligible for unemployment. Take advantage of it. It'll help you somewhat and until you find the "real" dream job.

Stay strong sweetness.

Love and blessings
Old 07-01-2006, 06:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Mega,

I just saw this news and want to say how sorry I am. I've been 'let go' before and it's no fun. I remember feeling how surreal it all felt -- one day getting up early and going into the office each day, there's a routine, I know what I'm doing, etc. -- and then poof, the next day, gone.

But, I too, believe these things happen for a reason. Hang in!

gf
Old 07-02-2006, 06:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Mega, I'm right there with you. I had posted a couple weeks ago about the ultimatum my company made to me. Either 40 hours a week or nothing and I chose nothing. Now they are thinking of changing their minds and maybe I can stay. Now, I'm not so sure I want to. My official last day is July 14th and I'm really looking forward to it. I will be able to collect unemployment and they are going to give me 2 months salary and 2 months paid medical. What hurts me is that 2 of the people in my office are on the Board of Directors and they pushed really hard for this 40 hour week thing. I really think they thought if they backed me into a corner that I'd cave. Since I didn't they've changed the game. Good luck in your job search. And I also keep telling myself that things happen for a reason.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Thanks luv and good luck on the new possibilities that await you as well. I understand how you really don't want to stay. After the ultimatum and the severence offer, I'd probably be looking forward to leaving too.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:38 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Their loss! You will find something. You glow here so I can just imagine how you are in real life.
Put your life for sure now in HP... It works!
karen xo