update on me and my A

Old 02-15-2003, 05:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile update on me and my A

Hi, folks.
First of all, I'd like to say that finding this website has helped me tremendously!! You guys have been great support, and I feel a lot better knowing that I'm not alone.
My A has not had a drink since last Sunday. He called me before he left work yesterday, and asked if it would be ok to "stop and get a little something". I told him that I would prefer that he didn't. I also said that I'm proud of him for not drinking anything this week, and that he's doing so well. And guess what? He DIDN'T stop and get liquor!! He's also been at work every day this week. (His boss knows he has a drinking problem, and has been very good about it.)
I've told him before that I like being with him sober. He's so much more pleasant to be around. I guess that finally hit home.
My kids are with me this week (joint custody with the ex), so
it has been difficult to talk when they are here. He's been working overtime this week, so he's pretty tired. We've tried talking after the kids go to bed, but it's not long until he goes to sleep. I plan on having a discussion with him tonight about the drinking.
I'll keep you posted.
Cindy
I'll leave with my favorite saying..."Let go and let God"
Old 02-15-2003, 07:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that progress is being made

You sound hopeful, and I'm sure that feels better than hopeless. Keep the faith and I will say a prayer that one day at a time, things continue to improve at your house.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 02-15-2003, 04:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Hey Cindy,

Glad to hear ya'll have had some good days!

Check your privates messages on here. They will be under "my profile". I sent you one the other day.

Hugs, gal, and hang in there.

Hangin' In
Old 02-15-2003, 05:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

there must be something in the air

Hey,
My A hasn't had a drink since last Monday (almost 2 weeks) and up until yesterday he was very distant. We actually did something as a family today and he enjoyed himself (we all did).

Enjoy it Cindy!! I am!!!

jmm