new to the scene

Old 02-15-2003, 03:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile new to the scene

Hi I am a newcomer and I was just searching for al-anon support, I am engaged to a man that is a recovering alcoholic, we have been together now for 2-1/2 years. My fiance is now serving a one year sentence for a probation violation on a DUI in a michigan correctional facility, since the time of his incarceration this time has been very rough on me. The time he has left is shorter than the time we have waited, which has been since dec. 2001 and his out date is July 26, 03 so I pray every day for his safe return and his new found faith in God. We want to live our lives for God when he returns home and I just need help in dealing with his daily recovery, since I know he will be tested in his recovery. I have been told by alot of people only time will tell and I pray every day for the strength that we both need to make it through this together.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

faithinbrian

Welcome to our forum and I hope you will make youself comfortable and read the sticky posts at the top of Al-Anon and Nar-Anon boards. Thre is a lot of terrific information there.

The best thing I could suggest is for you to go to Al-Anon meetings and begin that program. It is a terrific group of people just like you who can help you learn to work the 12-step program
and learn how to deal with your own situation and lead a happy life.

Your faith in God will help see you through this and his faith will give hime strength to do what he needs to do.

My prayers go out for both of you.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

thank you anns. I am going to look up a meeting on monday and hopefully there will be one close since money is kinda tight. Thank you for your well wishes and I truly believe his faith in God will help him through, his last letter was very spirtitual and he has never lfelt such peace and he feels he is in the worst place possible right now being in a facility and he feels the best he has ever felt, knowing the word of god.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

faithinbrian,

Welcome to you.

You have my best wishes. Make yourself at home here...the light is always on.

Hugs,
JT
Old 02-15-2003, 07:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

THANK YOU!!!!!! SO MUCH I am already feeling guite welcome, its nice to know that this support is here. faithinbrian