Husband *says* he is is going to stay sober

Old 07-17-2011, 10:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wendy I too watched the videos and my heart goes out to you. I hope you are actively looking for a job, so you can get out sooner than later.

As already mentioned, a women's shelter may be something to consider. You mentioned that you have a son that has come over to get you during your jerkaholics rants. Is there any possibility that you could stay with him while you get a plan together?
Old 07-17-2011, 10:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

(((((Wendy))))) I'm so sorry. Please get the hell out of there by whatever means necessary. If you go to a shelter they will help you get work and you'll get the therapy you need. There is no need to put up with it a minute longer....there are resources out there to help you. I know you are concerned about your pets, but some shelters will even find foster homes for them until you have a place of your own. Just call.... Please!

Here is a list of agencies in Pennsylvania by county: http://www.pcadv.org/Find-Help/Domes...-By-County.asp

At least put the national hotline number in your cell phone: 800-799-SAFE (7233)

Please take care of yourself!! It's time!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Wendy,

I could not watch them either. I agree that as soon as you can take your two precious children and remove yourself from this situation is probably the best thing for you.

You will be in my thoughts & prayers.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The codies in here are probably losing their minds trying to figure out how to stay in their hula hoop right now...I know it is hard for me to think of what you are going through, especially because I know you aren't ready to leave yet. When you are, you will do it, and nothing will stop you. Look over your videos. I wish you would get out. I lived with my ex for a long time and he was also very verbally abusive. I would love to see a video of you anywhere else but there, sans abusive husband and congratulating yourself on taking the steps to reclaiming the life that YOU DESERVE.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Eaglette - That is a simply MARVELOUS idea! Thanks!

- Sylvie
Old 07-18-2011, 03:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You are the only one that knows when you are ready to leave. After living through the same type of stuff as you for three years, I was ready to be done. My exah went through countless detoxes and rehabs. He spent three months in county jail and four months in prison, only to drink the night he was released. My biggest regret is the emotional suffering my kids endured. It gives me chills to hear " Remember when Dad....".
Best of luck to you, stay strong.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome back! We have all been where you are and I never thought I would stay for as long as I have. Unfortunately, it does not look like your AH is ready to stop. He is doing the same stuff my AH did to keep me hooked and give him one more chance. PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR IT! I have finally stopped falling for it. I am in the process of trying to sell my house and then once we are not living together, I will file for divorce. This is no life for anyone. The lies, manipulation, drunkenness and then them just being a pain in the arse because they feel like crap from the alcohol. You do not need it or DESERVE it.

There is a better life for all of us. We just have to take that train and get out of CRAZYLAND!! When you are ready, come on and jump aboard and keep posting! It really helps dealing with the A.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:07 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Living beneath a dirty underpass and making money cleaning toilets in Port Authority would be a happier and more fulfilling existence than living with the man portrayed in your videos.

It took incredible courage to film and upload those recordings for all the world to see. If I were your neighbor and heard that, I would call the cops and CPS. You had the courage and presence of mind to film it...leaving him will be peanuts.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Well, I managed to get ahold of the domestic violence shelter. They gave me some referrals to call tomorrow. Maybe I can get a low cost or pro bono lawyer to get this divorce rolling. Keeping my fingers crossed.

No jobs called back today, but I still have hope.

As for the last comment about the neighbors...just my luck..they're the type of people that keep their nose out of other people's business. When he starts his crap outside, they all go inside their own homes and pretend like they can't hear.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:18 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Yeah, I once called the rural sheriff on my neighbor beating his wife - but I didn't know that the one sheriff in town was the BIL of the neighbor. So he came to my house instead, lights flashing... to warn his BIL. No noise now, lady. Just crickets.

Please do one thing every day to get yourself and your kids to safety. Thank you!

- Sylvie
Old 07-18-2011, 07:21 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good for you Wendy! You have a plan and it's rolling. Where there is life, there is always hope.

Keep at it and keep posting.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:21 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Wendy, I will keep you in my thoughts, sending lots of positive energy and prayers that a job is right around the corner for you. I am so sorry to witness what you have been living. No one deserves to have to live like that. Please take care of You, wishing you all the best as you begin a new peaceful life. Save yourself and your kids. Hugs.

Quick question has he watched that video?
Old 07-18-2011, 07:29 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Wendy, good for you, keep scratching around, something will turn up.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by marie1960 View Post
Wendy, I will keep you in my thoughts, sending lots of positive energy and prayers that a job is right around the corner for you. I am so sorry to witness what you have been living. No one deserves to have to live like that. Please take care of You, wishing you all the best as you begin a new peaceful life. Save yourself and your kids. Hugs.

Quick question has he watched that video?
I have hundreds of these videos.It has just been recently that I've begun to post them on youtube..and only because he's SO convincing to others that the reason he drinks is because he lives with a psycho B****. He refuses to watch any of them. It's easier for him to create an alternate reality of what he *believes* really happened, than to actually have proof that he has a BIG problem and deal with it.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:58 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I'm absolutely stunned at those videos...I'm so sorry that you're going through this...I can't imagine living like that...
Old 07-19-2011, 03:32 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I wouldn't show him the videos, at all. It will only made him angrier at YOU. Please keep making calls to the domestic violence hotline and shelters. You and those children shouldn't be the target of this man's rage and hatred anymore.

The next time he rages, can you and the kids get out and leave safely? Nobody should have to hear those nasty vile things he says.

My thoughts and prayers are with you today. Please keep putting one foot in front of the other... no matter how small the step... its progress, and hope for YOU.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I wasn't implying that she show him the video's was just curious if he had seen them. Thinking back when XA would get over the top drunk, and make a complete ass out of himself, the next day I would usually mention his unacceptable behavior, and for a couple of days it slowed him down, he was remorseful, apologetic, engaged in life. In retrospect he just gave me false hope, because within 4 or 5 days there would be some other sh*t show due to his pathetic lifestyle.

I am still trying to understand, how and why I chose to be involved with someone who truly is a ticking time bomb. Onward and upward..................