where is the help?????

Old 04-20-2006, 06:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I agree, you are in a bad situation. Next time press charges. However, I would leave before there is a next time. And think both the D.A. and the counselor are idiots. The D.A for setting asise charges and the counselor for suggesting that antabuse would help in a situation such as this. The help is there for him if he is willing to seek it out. It sounds like he is not. So maybe you should take yourself out of the picture and concentrate on your own well-being.
Jim
Old 04-20-2006, 06:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Doll -

You say he went out Monday and didn't come home. Is he still gone? If so, he could really be in bad shape when he does get there. Do you really want to be there?

You are in a very scarey siutation. Is there someplace else you can stay until you follow through with the DA and whatever else you are going to do to protect yourself from him?

Please, please, please, don't spend alot of time worrying about him right now. You are in a life or death situation. Save yourself. Don't be available for him to hurt you or even kill you.

Hugs, Jo
Old 04-20-2006, 07:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

If he kills someone while he's driving drunk...

... guess what??? They will come after you too. Any of his assets or joint assets they can't get, they will get from you. If you have a job, if you have anything in your own name, and if you don't have the maximum insurance coverage should he kill someone, you are in dire straits.

The guy put a knife to your throat?????? Jeesh - I thought I was a lost cause putting up with a guy who dragged me across floors by my hair, punched me in the face, twisted my arm and shoved me!!! I understand your fear. It's like a deer-in-the-headlights sort of paralyzing fear. Battered women often experience this and I understand.

However, enough is ENOUGH. Have family and/or friends where you can go and be safe. Your town sounds even more backwards than the place I live! You can go to court before a judge and get an ex parte restraining order. It worked for me when I lived in Maryland. I got shoved once too often and went to court. The judge realized I was being honest with him and threw the bum out. Mine had an unregistered handgun, so I stayed in the house just long enough to move myself out and get away from the maniac.

We're talking about YOUR LIFE here ... to hell with him. You MUST get out of there. Then watch the usual occur: he'll come crawling back making all sorts of promises to reform, not harm you again, etc., blah, blah, blah. Make it definite that unless he gets into a program and gets sober, you are GONE!!!
Old 04-20-2006, 07:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Procrastinator

Originally Posted by dollface66
What I want to know is....where is there proper help????
A new counselor would be great but where I'm from there are only 2 counselors available.
Get on the horn FIRST THING IN THE A.M. to whomever can get you into touch with counselor #2. Then call the D.A., sheriff, anyone who will listen that this man threatened your life. Tell them you will get an attorney to sue the pants off the city if they don't help you to protect yourself. Then kick him out or move pronto. If he gets sober, great. If he doesn't, at least you'll know and his stuff will be already separated from yours.

Whew! Sorry, this is all just my opinion....much love and luck. xoxoxo