Real Reason Ah Said No Aa Meetings

Old 04-07-2006, 11:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Not a bad place to be....

Unhappy Real Reason Ah Said No Aa Meetings

I have sad news to report: I had my suspicions that I AH was seeing another female at his AA meetings and I can now confirm this. That whole spill about him not wanting me at the open AA meetings was because while my son and I were on a cruise about a month ago, he moved in with another recoverying alcoholic who only has about 6 months in the program. I caught him with her last night at her apartment. This man who was once working his program and working on his marriage and said he would do anything to save our marriage has decided that he has met someone who understands him better. She is a 24 year old girl who last year (while intoxicated) (second DWI) ran into the back of a family vehicle and killed the mother and the 6 year old daughter burned to death while being pinned in the vehicle and the officers couldn't get her out in time. I'm not sure why she isn't in prison, but she's not. She thinks she has won my husband but she has yet to learn, he's no prize. She may wish she was in prison when he's done with her. I am chairing my first Al-Anon meeting tonight and I had thought about backing out because I'm so emotional and can't stop crying, but I'm doing this. God's gonna take care of me and give me the strength to get through this one day at a time. It's the only way and I have FAITH, there is a light at the end of this very long dark tunnel.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((blue))) I'm sending lots of prayers your way. I am sorry this happened. I KNOW you are going to be AWESOME at your meeting: your HP must have something in mind with this timing. Please keep us informed how you are and how the meeting goes,too.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Hi Blue...I chaired my first meeting at a very low point of my life and it was the best thing I did. Go for it sweetness. I'm proud that you're still doing it and not backing out.

blessings
Old 04-07-2006, 12:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I just wanted to also add that AH told me that they are just living together, that they have decided not to have sex until the divorce is final out of respect for me. Then right after that, he told me that there is always still a chance for him and me to work out our marriage, just not at this time. Someone is swimming in the river of denial... I would say that I hope he drowns, but I'm trying to be the better person and I have to say I have handled this whole situation with dignity and thank God I will have NO amends to make for the way I have handled this. I gave them my blessing and wished them luck, even though I wanted to strangle them both.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How exciting....you will do wonderfully at the meeting...
This is for you.....
Old 04-07-2006, 12:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((blue))

I just chaired my first meeting on Tuesday and sobbed the whole time. Everyone was very nice and understanding about it. It ended up being a great meeting with lots of good shares and by the end I felt great. Good luck with yours.

I know about the OW situation (my AH was/is with a 26 year old). Keep this in mind - she is someone who will not get in the way of his drinking. That is where he is at right now. Geez, does he think it's respectful to lie and live with another woman while he's still married? No sex? Oh boy do they come up with good ones.

You will be fine because you have your faith and are focused on you. Hold your head up - you have much to proud for.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh, Blue, I'm sorry. You sound like you really have a grip on this, but I know it hurts too. May your meeting be wonderful and inspired.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

I'm sure sorry to hear this Blue...
I know the feeling.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

]Blue, you sound like you are doing the right things and good for you on chairing the meeting.
As for this little piece of info...
[/QUOTE]I just wanted to also add that AH told me that they are just living together, that they have decided not to have sex until the divorce is final out of respect for me[QUOTE]

I dont have to say it, I think you know what I am thinking

Hugs and more hugs.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I think meeting will be a good thing for you.!
Its time to take care of YOU..
Old 04-07-2006, 01:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Blue,

A meeting is just the right place for you to be at this time..

(((Blue)))
Old 04-07-2006, 01:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I admire your courage Blue; stay strong but lean on your support.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
dax

Having been thru this myself, I know the terrible time you are going thru. Well at least now you certainly don't have to feel any guilt about attending any meeting you chose. You woulkd think that a woman who has killed a mother and child would be trying her best to do things right, Your husband has a real'prize.' hugs, dax
Old 04-07-2006, 01:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

((bluebayou)) stay strong and it's wonderful that you are chairing the meeting.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well at least it's out in the open now and if your husband really thinks he's happier with this woman then there's no other option for you than to accept it. He prolly lost a precious thing (you) but sometimes marriages just don't work out. Also I'd say that 24 yrs old woman is prolly traumatized for life and feeling forever guilty for what she's done (I know I would) so don't judge her too harshly. I know you just see her as 'that person who took my man away' but I'm sure there's more to it. Just my $0.02.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm not judging her as much as I am feeling sorry for her, because she is thinking "Wow, what a knight in shining armour I've met" and wait until she pisses him off and he knocks the crap out of her, but its not my job or business to tell her that. I really feel for her because I remember in the beginning of my relationship with him thinking, "I have found the perfect man". All will be revealed in God's time.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

(((Blue))) I too am sorry for this deception and betrayal, but I really think that he is doing you a favor. If he ever "knocked the crap out" of you, then he does not deserve to be with you. You will get over your sadness and be a happier and stronger human being when all is said and done. It sounds as though you handled everything incredibly well. Keeping the faith helps. His true colors will show themselves to her in good time.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:24 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I a sorry, I know this hurts badly....but in time it will make you stronger...and you will know that you did all you could.
It really isn't at all unusual for A's to replace us immediately....mine went thro
a whole spate of them. Respected none of them.
The table turns...now I am the only one he respects, because I got out of it and did much better for myself.
Because yes, they choose other users or willing enablers.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:49 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

I'm so sorry for your pain, it is all so real to me. Keep your faith, I wish you the best.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:23 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm sorry blue
Been going thur some of that myself.