She hit bottom

Old 04-03-2006, 06:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Originally Posted by Jazzman
think I'm past the resentment stage... I think.
We'll see how I feel next time I make a payment on the equity line of credit

:bun5 lol
Old 04-03-2006, 09:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

WoW.... my hats off to you Jazz...... you even got a nap??????

Amazing what recovery can do for ya. Hugs to you and I hope she finally gets it this time...

But Im most impressed with you thoughts and actions.... You did good hon
Old 04-04-2006, 02:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
ICU

Originally Posted by Jazzman
.... but last night he almost killed her. She woke up in the hospital today with no recollection of what happened. The neighbors called the police and that's all she knows.
I sure hope the police and the hospital are making her aware of domestic violence issues with regard to her safety and her rights. I'm not saying they have much of a chance of getting through to her in her present state of mind, but if nothing else, maybe they could plant a seed in her mind! You never know when it will take root!

BTW, the neighbors that called the police on her behalf should be commended! It's rare when people get involved.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Originally Posted by ICU
I sure hope the police and the hospital are making her aware of domestic violence issues with regard to her safety and her rights.
Oh I'm sure they have. This isnt the 1st time the neighbors have called the police. Don't really know how many, just that this is the 1st time he put her in the hospital. And it is sad that she's in no state to work the system to defend herself. She lives in a prison of her own making.

I hope this serves to educate folks in similar situations. No need for a suit of armor, my rescuing fair maidens in distress days are behind me now.

Free to good home, one suit of armor, very stiff and binding. Restricts movement and weighs too much, (and doesn't work anyway). Free shipping!

And for the fair maidens... Even a brave knight with the purest of hearts is no match for your dragon. Only you can defeat it.

Corny... I know
BTW, same thing applies if you're a maiden trying to rescue a knight
Old 04-04-2006, 07:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Jazz,

* lmfao *

As a fellow retired knight I appreciate that bit. My current maiden has been slaying her own dragons. Many of the lessons that taught me how to appreciate such a maiden I have learned from you. Many thanx.

Mike :-)
Old 04-04-2006, 07:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Jazz....I just saw this post. Hats off to you for handling the situation so well. Let's hope this is lucky number 3 for her and she actually works the program into her life.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:46 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

that's great jazz....I hope it sticks for her.

More important, you sound great. I love how when she began to talk about all the drama, you cut her off and started talking about her children and recovery. Geez, sometimes they just don't get that we are not interested in their drama....ick.

and you took a nap after it? mmmmmmm, a nap. I haven't had a nap in years.....I miss naps, LOL
Old 04-04-2006, 09:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine003
and you took a nap after it? mmmmmmm, a nap. I haven't had a nap in years.....I miss naps, LOL
Yes....great idea. I have taken up naps lately, and now I see why my dad always had a quick one sometime everyday. (btw he is still working 4 days a week at 81yrs!)

Like my mom used to say: "Naps are wasted on people who don't appreciate them!" (she had five children! so I guess she knew what she was talking about! haha)

Jazz.......keeping doing what you are doing.you sound good. Pulling for her,too!
Old 04-04-2006, 09:52 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Old 04-05-2006, 03:45 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Looks like I missed this while I was gone Jazz.
Im proud of you..you are a strong one and a trooper.
Job well done...