She's on her way

Old 03-27-2006, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

She's on her way

Well, folks....talked to my mom around 9:30 this morning. She had just gotten up and was packing a bag to take with her to the hospital. I can't get over the fact she's actually going. I have so many emotions going on while waiting for her friend to call me to give me an update as to what is going on. I'm excited that she's going in!!!!!! I'm nervous for what the doctors will say. And of course, I'm a little scared.

Thank you for all of your support through this. Let's cross our fingers that there will be good news coming out of the hospital!!!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 07:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

That's great news!
Old 03-27-2006, 07:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

****HUGS*****

Regardless at least she knows she needs help!!!!

Keep strong!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You sound so much better today....I am happy your mom is going
to the hospital this is fantasic news...hopefully it will get better from
this point forward......
Old 03-27-2006, 09:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great news, Jen! I hope everything goes well. ((()))
Old 03-27-2006, 09:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jen; I am so glad. Things seemed to be sorting themselves out a bit; with her actually going (!), her friend being their, her old childhood friend and his help, etc., etc.

I am sorry you are going thru this. Hugs and prayers going to you. I hope you have peace of mind in all this for yourself...you "done good"!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

This is the best thing she's ever done for herself. Be glad and proud of her. Don't worry about what they're going to find or not find.

Baby steps and what she is doing is amazing.

Stay strong Jen
Old 03-27-2006, 12:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks guys. i still haven't heard anything and being the overly worried only child that i am, i figure i'll give the house a call in a few minutes to make sure they have left. we all know what procrastinators alcoholics can be. if she didn't go, i want to know that too.
or maybe i'll just wait and call her friend's cell phone in a few hours. oh i don't know.
to be honest, i can't wait for this weekend so i can get down there and see her.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

just to let you all know, i just got the phone call. my mom has been admitted. the docs have started running tests....MRI/CAT SCAN have been taken, blood work and urinalysis have been taken and they are draining the fluid in her stomach (ascites). I will know more later as the docs think the CSCAN and MRI results will be back sometime this afternoon.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

We're always here for you Jen...You're both in my prayers.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jen928
just to let you all know, i just got the phone call. my mom has been admitted. the docs have started running tests....MRI/CAT SCAN have been taken, blood work and urinalysis have been taken and they are draining the fluid in her stomach (ascites). I will know more later as the docs think the CSCAN and MRI results will be back sometime this afternoon.

Sleep easy tonight - she is being taken care of, give yourself an absolutely you night. She's in the best place.

You're both in my thoughts.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

wow jen - i am so glad she actually is there in the hospital and getting the attnetion she needs. prayers to you that the tests come out positive and that she can be treated! ((jen))
Old 03-27-2006, 02:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wow, Jen. Hope this turns out well...I know it's been a struggle for you.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I hope she gets out of her hospital visit what she wanted to. I'll be sending good thoughts to you and your mom.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well, I spoke with my mom yesterday. We know she has cirrhosis now, it's been confirmed by the docs (which wasn't a surprise to me). Today we find out good or bad her liver is doing. They drained her stomach in a matter of hours she said. She was eating dinner when I talked to her, so she's finally getting some real food in her system which is good. She has a nutritionist and a physical therapist coming to see her today. They have her on a diuretic to get some of the swelling out of her legs. She sounded good when I talked to her and seemed as though she was getting her sense of humor back. When I asked her how she was doing she said "Well, the baby is gone from my tummy and I didn't even have to go through labor."
Old 03-28-2006, 06:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

When I asked her how she was doing she said "Well, the baby is gone from my tummy and I didn't even have to go through labor."
Feels a bit like we're getting to meet her for the first time too!!

It sounds very positive, certainly the last day or so has been good for her judging by what you've said. Well done Jen!!

P.S. I hope you got a restful night....
Old 03-28-2006, 07:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I just got off the phone with my mom. She said she's not doing good at all. She's having severe stomach cramps and is vomiting. We couldn't talk long b/c she said she's feeling so ill. She didn't sound good. She asked if I could call her back this afternoon. I told her I would call around 1. Now, I'm really anxious.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:07 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

jen - try not to get too worked up right now - she is in the hospital where they can take care of her. if she has liver problems that would definitely cause some of the symptoms she is having. she is in no better place than where she is to get care. ((jen))
Old 03-28-2006, 08:13 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Its ok hon.... she is in the hospital and that is the best place for her to be.

She is going to have withdrawls Im sure, Im not sure if the doc's realize how much she was drinking and can maybe give her something to help with that?....

Hold on tight, and we will all keep praying.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

fine one minute, crying the next. up and down....sideways....i don't know what i'm doing or how i'm feeling.
i wanna run and scream. i wanna sit and cry. i wanna smile and laugh. i don't know which way is up. i don't know what to do.
drive down to nags head today. wait till this weekend. i just don't know what to do.