Why NOT use?

Old 03-17-2006, 07:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I hear what your saying. I know some people who seem to be so cold, so hard, jaded........ I think they'd be like that whether they used or not.

Some people just are too closed off. I know even when I was using I still felt pain, it was different though, It's kind of like you are in pain, but your endorphines are so THERE, roaming around everywhere in your head, telling you that ....... you are happy.
There in turn lies the conflict and can make a user a very sad user.
If they just dealt with it, the feelings would pass.

I often wonder if some people use because their coping skills aren't as strong as others.
I was taught some great coping skills in some ways, like You don't give up, etc, but not many in ways of how to deal with sadness, loss, etc.
I was told to 'not dwell on it' and move on......

My mom may be really sick right now, and when I found out yesterday, on top of other stuff this week, I was pretty down and had no idea how to deal with it, without using meth.......
My mind even tried to convince me that I
'just wasn't meant for recovery' etc......
but i made it through.

I'm still dealing with pain, fear, etc..... but if I was high on meth, I'd still be dealing with it, but telling myself I was super happy.......

It's all so weird......
Old 03-17-2006, 09:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Once I started on my own recovery I came to care less and less what other people were or were not doing with their lives. It is no longer my concern if they are happy, high or unfeeling. If they bring that into my live, I hand it right back and walk away. It's a process, but it also gets easier every day.