I need to slow down a bit:)

Old 01-12-2006, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need to slow down a bit:)

I was on my way to work this morning, and I was pulled over for not stopping at a red light. The light was turning yellow and I had to chose to run it, or slam on my breaks. Well the little speed demon that I am, decided not to slam on my breaks and run it. Who knew Mr. policeman was going to be lerking in the parking lot. I also decide to quit smoking today, thus far I have succeeded.

I have decided to look at the positive things that happened to me today, the police officer gave me a ticket for Impede traffic, so it wouldnt get reported to the secretary of state and I wouldnt get any points on my license, for that I thanked him, graciously took my $130.00 ticket that is due in 20 days and was on my way. In all honesty, he could have given me a ticket for not having my license on me, I was looking for my wallet to give him my license, I left it at work and didnt even know it and wouldnt have known it till I arrived at work and saw it in my desk drawer. ERGGGGGGGGG

The police officer was very kind, I knew my license number by heart and gave him my number, my van is only a couple years old, he didnt even ask for my insurance. This guy could have nailed me to the wall.

He looked up my record, which is excellent, he gave me a break, for that I am thankful

The funny thing was my daughter was in the car with me and she thought we were going to get arrested and I found out for some reason she is scared of the police, so this gave me the opportunity, (even though, I was thinking to myself, dont the policeman have anything better to do than pull over someone like me). lol

I carefully explained to her that we are not going to be arrested that police officers are here to protect us not hurt us, we are going to be fine, he was just reminding me that I needed to stop and not gas it and run the light. On the rest of the way to drop her off at her grannys, she was very attentive to every light we were coming upon and letting me know, that mommy it is turning red. I am sure she had a story to tell her granny, when I dropped her off.

Old 01-12-2006, 08:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

POLICE ARE THERE TO KEEP US SAFE???????? Wow learn something new everyday.

Actually Im teasing ... at one point in my life I wanted to be a police officer, and Im guilty of punching it on yellows too.

Great way to look at things... Congrads on the non smoking. Dont you love it when the kid kicks in and starts teaching us how to drive... *laughs*
Old 01-12-2006, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Hey Em,

Interesting that your daughter thought you were going to be arrested. Kids dont just have that feeling for no reason about cops. We all know where she came up with that.
I have no fear of police, although I dont particularly care for highway patrol.
Good job on not smoking, Ive been tryong, but it seems to have the better of me for the time being.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I dont have the fear of the police either, unless I am driving, lol. I will be the first to admit, I always go over the speed limit by 10 it seems, and I just havent been stopped to often, thank goodness

I did make it through a very tough period of not smoking, I am determined though. I want to quit for me. I understand addiction and I understand how hard it is to quit smoking and I have quit smoking many times before, the longest time was three years, and it took one hit one day at a party I went to, and I fooled myself into believing I could just have one, and the same night fooled myself into believing I could smoke just that one night, and that one night turned into almost 10 years back into smoking.

I also quit again, right before my brother shot himself, through that whole ordeal, I remained a non-smoker. Three months to the day my brother shot himself, I just got home from a 22 hour driving weekend trip to TN, and found out my H was having an affair, that day I picked it up again and it now has been almost two years since I tried.

I go to smoking like he goes to beer and some go to food.

I am going off, way off arent I..........