He's hiding traffic tickets now.

Old 12-06-2005, 08:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yes Minnie he knows. I also reminded him when talking to him this morning I said you do know your ticket is for "reckless driving" and he says "no it isn't, it's for careless driving" That shows you just how ******** he really is.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well, if someone called me pathetic and ********, I'd probably lie too.

Not excusing the original action on his part, however I can understand why he didn't tell you.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

There's no need to tell him he knows that. I also believe RESPECT is earned not just given. I do not call him names, he calls himself names. I do not play into the "vicitim" game with him. He had support until he started destroying me and the kids lives. As far as not telling me it's a typical alcoholic trait. Lying is what they do.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

So, you are still with him why?

I mean other than the paycheck, of course.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am legally married to him. He wants to stay married. I have filed for divorce papers and he was served and begged me not to do it. With empty promises of getting better I cancelled the papers. I want a family with him. I would love for him to be the husband and father I thought he could be. He's not doing it so I have no choice but to stay seperated. Signing a piece of paper isn't the solution to everything.
I care about him as I would any friend. I do not want to see him do this to himself. I would move the earth if it would make him better. But I know it's his choice to drink, it's his choice to get in the car and drive and nothing I do will put an end to that.
Not sure if that answered your question.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

His drinking and driving will have an effect on you. A few replies back you stated "I don't know what I will do if he kills someone I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it. My ah didn't kill someone thankfully, just slightly injured them. I lost my house, my cars, and everything I have worked for in the last 25 years. The person he injured can garnish my wages and come after ME. Signing a piece of paper is important. Getting your name off of everything is important. I think you need to look at the statistics of what happens to the families of drunk drivers. It can be YOUR problem. They go to prison and you get left holding the bag.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:27 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Getting busy living!

I agree. My opinion is that a divorce would be a smart move SC. Heck, if a miracle happens and he finally gets and stays sober there's nothing in this world saying you can't marry him again. Put your self and your kids first and sever those "legal" ties that not only bind but that can pull you down the financial black hole too. The whole legal part sucks I know but the truth is, if you are married to an A sometimes you end up being treated by the system like you're the bad guy too. Guilty by association I guess. Doens't make sense and it isn't fair but it's the way it is.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:37 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I didn't look at it that way. I will have to look into that a bit more.