Kinda funny story

Old 11-15-2005, 06:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sdp

Kinda funny story

Hello all!!! Been laying low for a bit but wanted to pass along a funny story.

Growing up, my hub knew this female from the neighborhood. Let's call her UD (short for "Uber Drunk) Everyone has stories about her- things she has done while drunk, etc. And they are awful stories. she has ruined many a party. When she is drunk she gets mean and fights. Anyone . Male, female, cops. Now she is in her mid 40's, lives with her long time boyfriend. She is estranged from her 20 year old daughter.

I don't see her much. Our prior backyard neighbor had had a long time friendship with her, and she used to come over his place fairly frequently. However, he moved, and I have not seen her much. Frankly, she scares me.

When sober, she's perfectly nice. However, she drinks ,a lot.

Anyway, hub went out Friday night, met up with a "friend" and went over friend's house (for pretty much all of Saturday).

UD shows up at friend's loaded for bear. She gets up in hub's face and he pushes her away. She starts yelling how she's going to have him arrested, calls the cops. Cops show up and she says hub beat her up. Cops ask to see her marks from this beating. Well, as he did not beat her up, she has none. Then she starts cursing at the cops (did I mention that several law enforcement agencies are familiar with her, and she will probably never be able to get her license back?) and demands that someone be arrested.

Guess who was?
Old 11-15-2005, 07:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Still learning; ever grateful

OMG that's funny. LOL! Why don't they throw her in jail? Ugh. I feel for you, and I'd stay clear of her. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sdp

She's been in jail. Never for a long period of time, but I'm sure she's been in a drunk tank.

On her last DUI, she was fighting with the cops.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is probably going to sound sick in the head but sometimes I wish I didn't care about myself or anyone else so much that I could just be an idiot. No worries, mate. Unbelievable.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sdp

SF-

I'm afraid I don't understand your post. Do you know her? (I am in the Windy City Burbs also)
Old 11-15-2005, 08:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't know her. I just meant that the escape from reality once in a while would be nice. However I would never want to be as sick as an A who lacks all self-control. I am glad I care about my life and the lives of those who I have relationships with not to fall under the influence of alcohol, but an escape form reality would be nice. Make sense? Like the calgon take me away commercials from years ago. The Burbs are big, I am very near O'Hare.

J
Old 11-15-2005, 08:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sdp

Oh. Thank you for explaining that.. I confuse easily!

I also sometimes wish I could run away from it all. Must be nice!!!
(And I'm closer to Midway- I thought her fame had spread!)

She's the kind of person who, if you mention her name to someone, they get a "Not her again" look. She always manages to land on her feet though. Although for a while, she was passing out on random lawns.