Curious on our "titles"

Old 11-13-2005, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Curious on our "titles"

I am amazed sometimes when you guys put down what your profession is or things that you do. I seen that someone was a fire dancer. Pretty cool. What is your profession and do you have talents?
I am a substitute teacher for Pre-K and kindergarten, stay at home mom, and a singer.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

I'm a Telecommunications Techno Idiot. Father of one at home and one in collage, (and a Jack Russell Terrier). I play guitar and the handle comes from my love of contemporary jazz.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i am a administrative assistant (a profession where my codie behavior actually helps instead of hinders me - LOL). stepmother (or as my s'kid as jazz would say)wicked stepmother to one daughter who has just become an RN and mother of 2 furballs aka cats. talents, hmmm.....i do have a green thumb and enjoy working in my yard, don't know if that's a talent. as for my handle, not very imaginative - initials and my state!
Old 11-13-2005, 12:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I work in Children's Participation - kids in care. I've also taught autistic toddlers and before that broke horses for a living.

I like to keep my CV broad ranging......

Talent wise, errrr - I'm working on it, can't sing, can't dance, not artistic.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

real estate, property management side of it...(yeah I'm a landlady...lol)
I oversee the operations of several apartment communities.
Love crafts and craft shows....used to dance in competion (operative word here "used to.")
Like Christie kept it simple....handle is first initial of my first name and my last name.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

NYC public school teacher - grade 7
Old 11-13-2005, 02:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My title? Ice Queen at the moment, although I have the creative types working on a new one for me.

I am a partner in a recruitment business, although if you've read any of my recent threads, you'll know I am battling to get out. After that, who knows?

And talents - I make great Daupinois Potatoes and I can tie a bowline.

Oh and my name comes from a British comic book character - Minnie the Minx.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Minnie the mnx....

This minx?
Old 11-13-2005, 02:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That's the one!!

The first page I turned to on Beano day.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Photographer, juggler, magician, fix it guy, computer nerd, poet, cat herder, grandchild baby sitter, and a few other things I can't remember.

Nic is from one of my fav pics. The broccoli avatar? That's a _long_ story *lol*

Mike :-)
Old 11-13-2005, 04:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Name Clancy I heard when little, a friend had an uncle Clancy, and I loved that name.
Years later I attended an AA conference, one of the speakers was Clancy I. from calif.

I met and got a hug from Clancy I. but choose it because of friends uncle, also lst and only thing that came to mind when time to sign in on SR.

Most of the rest I will leave anonymous.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My name is Jo but you can't use just two letters so I became "JoJo." Not very imaginative! I used to be a Mortgage Loan Officer with a bank until my health went to hell in a handbasket. Now I work part time as a tour guide and researcher for the county historical society. The only creative thing I do is . . . . .wallpaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mother of two grown daughters and a 5 year old Shitzu and grandmother to two great kids. Also, hate to admit it, but died in the wool Detroit Lions fan!
Old 11-13-2005, 08:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Boy there sure are a variety here....amazing....Interesting isn't it?
Old 11-14-2005, 12:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Biblical story applies

Has to do with the "prodigal son." He has a rich father, but decides he wants his inheritance before the old man kicks off. His father obliges, and the young man takes off to raise hell. He loses all this inheritance and ends up feeding and living amongst pigs, which was the lowest of low for a young Jewish boy way back then. Anyway, he wakes up one day, realizes the error of his ways, and decides to go home to dad. Well, from a long way off, his dad sees his son returning. The other brothers are amazed that dad wants to set the table for a grand feast celebrating the wayward son's return .... after all, haven't they been obedient children?

Before the wayward son even comes in the door, his father is running to greet him with the finest robes and best sandals he has to offer a cherished guest. The wayward son realizes not only did he belong at home, but comes to understand that his father loved him even though he committed such a great mistake. Just having his son return to him made his father rejoice.

I am finishing a degree in legal studies in 2006 and plan to attend graduate school thereafter. Full-time student now, but will become a full-time worker and parti-time student in about a year.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Binge poster

Hi

I work in a university training in IT, managing information, fiddling about with stats and being pushy so that I get to help out when we have widening access visits from schoolkids. I also am partner in a wee adult toy shop and punt my webby skills to anyone who will have me.

Bahookie means arse, because I can be one, but it's also one of my favourite Scottish words. (Very favourite is courie up. It kind of means snuggle but sweeter and makes you think of your granny and toffees too big for your mouth).

I'd say my special skill is being able to play like a 5 year old!

Jane
xxx
Old 11-14-2005, 11:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm an RN who works in critical care.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

I was a teacher, now a stay at home mom. Reading is my addiction of choice! Kerry
Old 11-14-2005, 05:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
dax

I have my own pet sitting business. I have two adult children and one grandson[one years old]. I live to horseback ride,- 3 dogs, seven cats, two horses many turytles and tortoises and some bantam chickens. And I live inside beltway 8 with my mini farm. I have to trailer out to ride. dax
Old 11-14-2005, 06:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I'm an artist. I spend my days creating various works of art. I spend my nights designing websites. I spend my weekends volunteering for a no-kill animal shelter, rescuing and taking care of animals in need (yes, I even rescue animals).

I share my home with my 19-year-old daughter, four rescued dogs, and a rescued bunny.

I chose the name "FormerDoormat" when I joined SoberRecovery because I wanted my name to reflect my goal. I'm happy to say that I haven't felt like a doormat in a long time.

The little porker sitting on a doormat in my avatar is my fourth rescued dog, Marty (I call him Pigman because he has a tail like a pig). He was found in a box alongside of the road in Martinsburg, West Virginia (hence, the name Marty), and somehow made his way to our animal shelter. He was just 6 weeks old and too small to stay at our shelter, so I took him home "temporarily" until I found him a permanent home. But like my other three dogs, he was much too precious to let go, so now he's a permanent member of our family.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Could we all start our own small country with saved animals and codies and no addicts allowed? Seems we have alot of brains on board. Too bad it's so hard to use them with our addicts.
I have to agree with "reader" I am starting to find an escape in reading.