Interview day!

Old 11-24-2005, 10:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Interview day!

D has had his interview - 3 Directors in one room, a father and two sons! It sounds like they gave him a pretty good grilling but D even made a joke or two which he said had the father going red in the face laughing!!

Thay asked about the last job and D was maybe more honest than he should have been, (I haven't said that to him). He told them he was off with anxiety attacks and depression. One thing about D is it's like watching someone on a bike downhill with no breaks - he likes someone then he trusts them and doesn't seem to sense that trust is built slowly. I have crunched stats for work on discrimination regarding mental health problems (40% of kids in care deal with it) AND IT'S NOT PRETTY!! Of course if they are the exceptions it'll be a smart move. D also chose to tell them he doesn't drink so if they ever needed someone on technical call it would be no problem to him - again my feeling is that PERHAPS less info would have been better.

D is D - I'm glad for all my concerns about him that he remains an individual, his own individual and that includes being trusting and hopelessly honest! There's enough in his CV and recent history to see there's been a problem, also enough to see he's exceptionally capable. Those 3 men will have to weigh it up - we find out on Monday. D is knackered, he's slept since getting back 2 hours ago.

I dyed my curtains - They look cool!! tomorrow the floorboards will have dried from the woodstain and we'll be able to move the furniture. I'd love to be sleeping in there tomorrow night!
Old 11-24-2005, 11:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i wish you luck and hope that the answer is a good one on monday

well done