Surrender: Letting Go Into Love

Old 07-28-2005, 03:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Reikihelps

Surrender: Letting Go Into Love

The following, written by Doris Klein, Helped me a lot. Hope it helps you, too.

"We often resist using the word surrender because we associate it with the shame and fear of giving up, quitting, failing, and being defeated. Unfortunately these negative nuances often distort the richer significance of letting go into love. Surrender actually carries a much richer reality; as we let go, we move into a fullness much greater than we can imagine, a fullness where we receive exactly what we need.

The Grace of surrender invites us to relax into the Mystery, to acknowledge that we cannot walk aloone in this place. Rather than assuming a stance of defeat, we aske to be embraced by a Love that is much greater than the confusion, pain, or frustration we are experiencing. We ask for a profpund gift when, in the midst of paradox and pain, we pray to stand in surrender. The process of letting go of our challenging and resistance is slow, but little by little, we learn to trust this gift that supports us in our unknowing. Once we accept in our heart the truth of being loved, we loosen our grip on control and are surprisingly free to act in integrity and light.

Rather than submissive defeat, the paradox of letting go into Love frees us to walk with renewed life. With our arms rasied in naked surrender, we are given an energy that exceeds our greatest hopes and a freedom to walk in joy."

-taken from Journey of the Soul by Doris Klein
Old 07-28-2005, 04:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

nice post reilihelps! surrender is a good thing and tough to achieve!
Old 07-28-2005, 04:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Reikihelps

thanks
it's a challenge every day for me. Helps to know I am letting go to a HP though.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

Reiki-

I really, really needed to hear that today. This week, I forgot I had a higher power and I started to try to take back "control" of the situation with my daughter, and it was so horrible!

I've been feeling "confusion, pain and frustration". It feels so terribly painful to love my child. Part of me wants to reject her completely from my life because she is causing me so much pain right now. But part of me knows that would be a terrible thing to do...

How do I keep loving her, but love her with detachment? I think the answer is in the excerpt. Today I will "pray to stand in surrender".

Living day by day

Robin
Old 07-29-2005, 11:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Reikihelps

Hi Robin,

Boy, your entry resonates with me.
Can you do something for you today? Self care always helps me.
I seem to remember that your daughter is dual diagnosed as well (like my son). I met a psychologist who works at a chemical dependency facility and she encouraged me not to get too hung up on the mental health labels. That until a person is clean at least four months, no one can really make an accurate diagnosis. That gave me much hope. If our kids work their own programs they can experience much healing and that in turn will improve the mental health situation. They have the tools and they have a HP.
-you and your daughter will be in my prayers.
((fondly))
RH
Michele