Very Frustrated

Old 06-15-2005, 03:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Very Frustrated

I am so very frustrated and I know I am being petty and I should not feel this way and in a couple of days it will probably all pass and I'll get back to my normal self but today I am so frustrated and I just want to vent. I found out from my mom the other day that my exABF was being pushed out of the business by his partners - well today she tells me that the partners changed their minds and they are giving him their shares of the business and they are getting out. This is exactly what he has wanted since shortly after he opened the business. This is a man who has a drinking problem, drug problem, has debt out his a$$ and yet everything always works out for him in the end. He has barely even been going into work lately, about 3 days a week and now he just gets the business handed to him. His mortgage payment is over three months behind and now his roommate is going to buy the house from him and save him from forclosure. He will make enough money from the house to pay off his car that is also a few months behind on payments - of course I'm sure I will never see a dime of the money he owes me. He also is starting to see his kids on a regular basis and that is something he always said he wanted even though he never made any effort to do. After all the times he let them down and hurt them in the past now they are getting closer again. I am happy for him about that and I'm happy for his kids and I just hope he doesn't disappoint them again.
But it just frustrates me to no end here is a person who makes no effort for anything and yet everything always just falls into place for him. And then you have someone like me who works her ass off and things just never seem to work out. Why???? I guess I'm jealous. I know that's wrong but I just needed to vent!!!! Thanks.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=benefits] But it just frustrates me to no end here is a person who makes no effort for anything and yet everything always just falls into place for him. QUOTE]

yes but he does have a drinking and drug problem??? and he doesn't have you either....so I guess he doesn't have everything
Old 06-15-2005, 04:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can't stand those people who sh*t on the world and they come up smelling like a fresh flower.

I feel your pain.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

buster, yes he does have a drinking and drug problem and that is what makes this so crappy - he has those problems but will never suffer the ramifications of those problems. He will never hit rock bottom because everything just always works out for him. And no he doesn't have me but it won't be long til he finds someone to fill my position.
I guess I am just feeling sorry for myself but it just sucks. When it comes to the things in my life that I can control I am fine. I take good care of myself and my son and I have a great family - I work hard and try to be a good person. It's the things that I can't control that just seem so unfair. For example my health. I exercize daily (walk a few miles a day) I don't smoke, drink or use drugs, I eat pretty healthly I do what I can to take care of myself but in the last year and a half I've had one health problem after another it seems. First they found a tumor on my brain stem (pituitary) I went into the surgery with a positive attitude that everything would be fine and I would be back to work way before the 8 weeks they usually see. I was right - I recovered fine and was back to work in 4 weeks. So I'm feeling great blood work is good and MRI's show tumor is not growing. Then I start losing weight - which is not good for me because I don't have extra to lose. So I make an effort to gain weight and I can't - I'm seeing a doctor now about this and they cannot figure out what is wrong with me - I've had blood tests, xrays, etc. Now I need to have a catscan of my chest and abdomen. I'm now underweight and starting to feel not so good. It's just so unfair. My exABF smokes 2 packs of cigarettes a day, drinks a lot of beer, uses cocaine, does not exercise and eats junk food - yet he has no health problems. WTF????
I always thought what comes around goes around - so why is it that someone like me who tries to be a good person has all this crap and others who don't try have everything always work out for them. If you never have to suffer the ramifications or your reckless behaviour why would you want to change. It just sucks!!!!
Old 06-15-2005, 05:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Benefits..."never" is a long time. And never underestimate the power of Karma. He will get his one way or another. My problem is that I want to watch!

((((Hugs))))
JT
Old 06-15-2005, 06:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hear ya...and I fell your pain ********{hugs}}}}
but....I am sure his time will come...he can run...but he can't hide forever
Old 06-15-2005, 12:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

I'm reminded of the old adage, "God smiles on fools and drunks"...

By that standard, I must be a fool...
Old 06-15-2005, 12:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm still slightly irritated because everything just always seems to work out for some people - and I'm not one of those people. But - I went out to buy a pair of shorts on my lunch break today I usually take a size 8 but those have been a little big on me lately because I lost some weight so I figured I'd try a size 6 - of course they didn't have them in a 6 or 8 so I took a 10 and a 4 to the dressing room thinking I probably can't even get into the 4's and guess what --- they fit!!!! not tight at all. Yeah!!!! Of course I may have some sort of health problem that is causing my weight loss but I think I'll just focus on being happy that they fit. Then a few minutes ago someone I used to work with stopped by to drop something off and I have not seen him in 3 years and he said "wow - you look great. Are you running again??" (I used to be a runner). Well that was an ego boost. Shallow as I am it lifted me at least temporarily out of my funk!!!!!
Old 06-15-2005, 12:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dino was one of those guys who could "sell ice cream to an eskimo". (His phrase.) He enjoyed years of incredible strokes of luck. However he never worked with his luck, he just kept letting his luck pull his tootsies out of the fire. Eventually luck was not enough to save him from charred toenails. It was all luck could do to keep him from incinerating completely. I would not say that luck abandoned him. A person who does what Dino has done should be dead a dozen times over. Luck kept him alive, but just.

Do not be jealous of this man. He is, as they say, "cruisin' ". He will recognize and bless and work with his luck, or the bottom will fall out. What Dino went through when that happened I would not wish on anyone. Say a prayer that he recognizes a last chance when he sees it.

Hugs,
Smoke