first thing in the morning....

Old 06-03-2005, 09:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

first thing in the morning....

what is the first thing you do in the morning? does it set the tone for your entire day?

for me its looking out my window down to the lake and listening to the frogs, and birds and such.. with the sunrise glowing orange and bright welcoming me. i say my prayer for the A to find peace joy and happiness.. and even his SOB buddy too. ugh.. but i fake it til i make it still.

then i focus on me. what am i going to do for me. and usually walk 2 1/2 miles... wakes me up. focuses me on me, and i did what i had to do to face another day one day at a time.

quietsins
Old 06-03-2005, 11:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

For as long as I can remember (I think it was taught to me in Kindergarden, I went to Catholic school K thru 12) I wake to the same bible quote running thru my head: This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice in it and be glad.

Does it set the tone? Absolutely. But it has become a reflex...I wake, the phrase rolls thru my head as I grab my glasses off the night stand and head to the bathroom. Once I finish there, I head to the kitchen and grab my "morning cup" which has the same quote on it.

The earlier I wake the more "special" those words are...I can see the sun peek it's head over the horizon, hear the birds chirping to announce the sun is near...some mornings it's the sound of rain washing the air, and sometimes, especially when the Santa Ana's blow...it's the whistling sound of the wind thru the trees. Every sound announces a new and glorious day!
Old 06-04-2005, 03:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't get time to think in the morning - H goes to work at 5.30 so I wake and get myself up and get our son up - I am normally in good form when I get up unless I Sleep in or am running late - then I stress. Seeing my son's face whne he wakes in the morning...u know that sleepy, cutie face...really puts a smile on my face
Old 06-04-2005, 10:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I write in my journal (includes a gratitude list), I pray and I create my day...then I'm up to the shower work and out the door..

Writing first thing helps me get my crazy thoughts for the day out of my head, pray settles me so I am in a good mood by the time I get to work..
Old 06-04-2005, 02:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

I'm SO NOT a morning person. Never have been never will be. I tend to wake up very depressed and negative in the mornings. Not sure why, maybe its from remembering all the bad dreams I've had.

I have my sweet animals though. First thing I do is peak in on my sweet guinea pigs. They usually summons me out of bed anyway with their loud, wheeking!! AKA cries for fresh veggies!! Then I go down stairs and let my Golden out of his crate and he usually tries to knock me over with kisses and jumping all over me. Then of course I have to have my morning coffee (usually Starbucks) and lots of Coffee Mate. Kind of gives me a caffeine ala sugar high!
Old 06-04-2005, 03:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No special routine for me. All that's required is peace and quiet! Oh and a couple of cups of coffee. lol I can go from a good mood to a really bad one if there's any sort of stress in the a.m. I'm not known for a morning person. As long as I can sit with my coffee for an hour or so before I have to move I'm fine. T.V. news on although half the time I'm staring blankly at the thing anyway. Morning is my "me" time. I guess I'll be sharing when the baby's born, but only with him.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Early morning is my time for me - I get up at 5:00 a.m. and get my coffee
and then I have my Bible Study and prayer. Once I have finished this,
I'm ready to start my day.

DW
Old 06-04-2005, 07:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

I start my day by praying in the shower. This is my time to make conscious contact with HP, and it really does set the tone for the day.

I'm not one of those who can "hit my knees" and pray. If I were to get up and hit my knees, you'd find me asleep-- next to my bed, on my knees.

Someone once said that their morning prayer is, "I know that today is gonna be a great day, God, 'cos I'm turning everything over to you!" Sometimes I can keep it that simple...

Peace!
Old 06-04-2005, 07:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I start my day by realizing that it is a new day, a fresh start, a blank slate. I start my day by saying "I love you" to my family, making them a healthy breakfast and as I drive to work I take inventory of my life and I count my blessings.

And I finish each day by saying "I love you" to my family and by thinking of any lessons I might have learned that day and by counting my blessings.

I believe that the power to see the positive and to learn each day is vastly important.