The Cleavers....

Old 08-19-2002, 03:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

The Cleavers....

Hi everyone,

I have not been saying much about what is going on...so here I am.

The Beav is on the streets...homeless unless he can find someone new to manipulate. He has called the last two times from the same number. That is the kicker...he calls at 1am or later and Ward is always the one to pick up the phone at that hour and why would the Beav being calling us at that hour unless he was hammered.

So....I have been coaching Ward to not have "those" conversations with him. If he is high or drunk just tell him to call back at a more reasonable hour. Even if he called in the middle of the day we don't have to talk to him if he is stoned. And this last time he did it!

One small step for an Anon....a giant step for Ward.

So we have agreed that if the phone rings late we will not pick it up but we will check the caller ID in case it is an emergency of some sort.

If he wants to call sober...that is a whole other thing...but recently he has not done that.

The grandson is doing well...most of you know that he lost his mother to a heroin overdose... we took him to a carnival this weekend and school cloths shopping. He is going into Kindergarten. The guardianship (other gramma) is almost final and his 5th B-day is tomorrow.

He talks about his Mom...which they say is a good thing and his personality has not changed. Altho he does have some quiet times. He has been thru alot but so far he really is a very good boy.

I just had a really sick thought....

Should this be my Christmas letter!!!?? LOL!!!

Love you guys!!

JT

Oh! And I am doing well, too! Thanks to all of you and this wonderful fellowship!
Old 08-19-2002, 04:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hooray for Ward! No reason to try to have a conversation with the Beav when he's acting like Eddie Haskell.

That's so great to hear about your grandson. Thank goodness he has loving familiar people to take care of him. I'm sure it makes all the difference. Happy Birthday to the Littlest Cleaver!

And many hugs to YOU JT! Your experience and attitude help us all.

Love,
Smoke
Old 08-19-2002, 05:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Yeahhh to June!!! Yeahhh to Ward!!!

This is great how Ward will not only listen, but apply what you have taught him about dealing with the addict. And yeah to the Beave for listening and respecting.

I know how heart-breaking it is to have a son on the streets, but my son says that the streets are what led him to the road of recovery (it's turned out to be a bumpy twisty road...but he is trying to get back on it.)

I think that was the hardest part of all this for me, when he hit the streets. But I also did not have the recovery under my belt that I do today. His being on the street, is part of what led me to finding a meeting for me.

I pray every night for all our sons. And I really believe that there is a guardian angel out there watching over them.

And for "Little Beave" Happy Happy Birthday

How lucky he is to have so many people to love him, and especially a gramma like you.
Old 08-19-2002, 07:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

I have to tell you when I read your posts, all of you, about your kids I just feel so sad....and think perhaps my problems are just nothing. You guys are beyond brave ...I will send prayers tonight for all the kids big and small.
Love Kitty
Old 08-20-2002, 12:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Wow JT,

It's rubbing off on Ward. That's great. I'm working on my son's girlfriend. Not much luck yet.

Kindergarten will be really good for your grandson. The new friends will be good for him. I bet he's excited. Isn't it fun to buy school clothes again.

I hope he enjoys his birthday.

Hugs and love to you too.

MG

Old 08-20-2002, 05:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Oh my gosh Kitty....

Never EVER think that way....we ARE all in this together and your spunk and energy and decisivness are an inspiration to me!

We can always compare lives and stories, but do you know what? It is what WE make it. Peace amid the storm!!!

Hugs,
JT
Old 08-20-2002, 05:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

J.T.,
I think you are amazing, you have been
through so much. It shows me if I keep
working on my recovery, I will be able
to get through anything no matter how
bad or unfair it may seem.
My 8 year old grandson is here, he is
my "special grandchild", he is a
very difficult child, the "acting out"
one in the family dysfunction within
his parent's chaotic relationship. I
would just love to grab him and run, but
I just do what I can for now.
God protect the little ones.

Hugs,
Old 08-20-2002, 05:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks JT, for sharing your life with us. I am so inspired by you and your thoughts. I am so glad about your grandson. God is so good to provide many loving people in his life. Yes, school shopping is great fun! Kindergarten, oh and my baby is a senior. I remember his first day at kindergarten. I put him on the bus and then drove to school to meet him there. I took pictures and loved every minute of it. You know I still take pictures on the first day of school and my "baby" goes along with it. he he he he, Blessings..........